Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SPRING BLACK BEARS

SPRING BLACK BEARS

Well since bear season is finally upon us lets keep this post rolling to track all of our members success, and share our knowledge of the sport. Who has been out already, have you seen any bears, big or small, has any one taken a bruin yet, where are you hunting if you don't mind telling all of us, How is your particular area greening up. Let's build this post up as a knowledge base for some of our newer bear hunters as there seems to be alot of interest in spring and fall bear hunting. I will do my best to keep you all posted on the North Islands activites.

So far the southern slopes are getting greener as I type this, I have heard of about 5 bears so far from the guys at work, non of which are said to be shooters. We still have some snow at higher elevations so this should keep the bears petering out slowly, good... can't look at them all at once anyway. They are out and hungry so get your binos and spotter and start looking at the hillsides

2. Site Sponsor

dont we have a few posts on this one already...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

SPRING BEARS

SURE WE HAVE A FEW POST ON THIS, BUT LETS TRY TO KEEP THIS ONE AS A STATS PAGE ONLY... AND POST ALL OF OUR OTHER BEAR RELATED CHAT TO OUR OTHER BEAR THREADS..... NEVER HAVE TOO MANY THREADS CAN WE.

nope we cant i just didnt wanna confuse people its all good though
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

when i was out at the 3d shoot this weekend on the course we seen a bear den...not sure if there was still a bear in it or not (wasnt about to stick my head in and look)...but it was cool to see never seen one before...would have been nice if i had my camera...

Well i went out for a snoop west of Quesnel with oldtimer and my little guy today. Didn't see any bears or even any sign of em.Not much greening up here yet. Probably be 3 weeks yet. Gonna go lookin for horn tommorow with Swamper, probably check the progress of the green stuff down south a ways! Never know might stumble on an early riser. Will let you know how it goes!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Well what a morning. Left about 6:30 and saw 3 mule deer driving in. Stopped and look through the bino's to see that one was starting it's antlers. Stopped and ate breakfast, got the wife to shoot the .22 for her first time and she liked it Went on a little hike up this large cut block and saw a HUGE moose. My english bulldog started to run after it once the moose started to walk away. Man it was the funniest thing. No bears or sign of bears but it didn't matter. Having my wife and my dog up in the bush hanging out together, shooting the .22 seeing the moose...........it was just awesome. Mornings like that make you happy to be alive.

Jacky
    load'em up

me and the gf went for a drive today...but of course we didnt see anything....but it was still a nice day for a nice drive with the gf....

Went out for a drive yesterday, spend about 3 hours in the back roads, didn't see any bears, but seen some sign, shit, cropped grass, and some tracks, next week, I'm packing a rifle. They are starting to move.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Well I went out with Swamper friday for the day looking for some bears....same result as thursday...nada. Did see over 60 deer though, they were everywhere! About 1 o'clock we were tooling down and old road and came to a downed tree that didn't look to bad so we headed over it, no problem. However on the way back one of the broken branches put a hole in the sidwall of the tire No problem I think...." where's the spare??" "UMMMM.... don't have one" 8O. Well I'm figuring this is just great, 15 Km walk back to the nearest farm...hmmm nice day for it So off we go heading back down the road, About 300 yards from the truck swamper's cell phone gets reception and he places a quick call, we sit down to wait for help to arrive, and you can imagine my surprise when no more than 15 minutes later a good looking blonde in a $60,000 Ford Excursion pulls up to chauffuer us back to town!!! 8O I'll tell you, swamper never ceases to amaze me!! All in all, an enjoyable day in the bush!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson