Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help finding insulated hicking boots

Re: Need help finding insulated hicking boots

Quote Originally Posted by .270 View Post
    Lots of great feedback on these boots but I can't bring myself to buy boots without trying them on first to make sure they are the right fit for my feet.

Where did you buy yours from?
    I found a place in Banff that sells them. So, on a ski trip through that area, I stopped in, put them on, wore them around abit, and bought them. I have Alaska GTX. The place name was monod sports.

Diggs

danner canadians are hardly a "hiking boot". you might as well buy some "trail running shoes" and buy some wool and goretex sox and save 250 bucks or more.

fuzzy

La Sportiva Mountain.
    Attachment 2912
    Excellent ankle support, will accept crampons, light enough to hike the lower slopes too. Waterproof to the top of the boot. The boot that a few Alaskan Sheep guides use.

I have a pair of Danners too. They are more suited to the forested area as they lack the ankle support for the more extreme slopes, but are warm enough to use ice-fishing. They are fitted with gortex and thinsulate and are pretty impervious to moisture and cold.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 11-10-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I have the hanwag alaska gtx and they r awesome they fit me true to size like them more than my lowa sheep hunters

Kenetrek mountain extreem with 1000gram insulation.

How to the Hanwag's fit compare to Meindle's? I've tried their Canada Pro's on and they are a bit too wide for my feet.

I had bought a pair of meindl canada pro's 2 years ago. They lasted one hunt and started to come apart and loose shape. Absolutely Pi$sed me off for that kind of money. No warranty given so sold them at a loss. Bought the Hanwag Trappers but they fit really big in the heel area. Awesome boots but couldn't make them work. Returned them and bought the Lowa Sheep Hunters and they are the best boots I have owned.
    Listen to the other guys and layer up on socks instead of a heavy insulated boot.
    Good luck

I know everyone bitches about Meindls but after blowing out 2 pairs of Danner Rainforests I bought a pair of Meindls from Fischers and have worn them this season.They are the best supporting boots Ive worn and that includes Vibergs.As this is only theyre first season I hope they last.I wish I could get apair with caulks for work.