Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting elephants illegal?

Hunting elephants illegal?

So today i was sitting in class and our teacher told us to write a bucket list. So this one kid who hunts say's i want to shoot a elephant. The teacher looks at him and tells him he can't write it down because it is illegal. We replied no it's not and she said i just got back from kenya it is illegal. Is elephant hunting actually illegal? I say no
    I'm a lead foot, whiskey drinkin' outlaw.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting elephants illegal?

It may be in kenya but guys are stilling shooting them in other countries. Tags are limited but you can still do it.

BHB

That's what i thought but my teacher insisted that any elephant hunting was done illegally no matter where in the world

Quote Originally Posted by steelheadSABO View Post
    So today i was sitting in class and our teacher told us to write a bucket list. So this one kid who hunts say's i want to shoot a elephant. The teacher looks at him and tells him he can't write it down because it is illegal. We replied no it's not and she said i just got back from kenya it is illegal. Is elephant hunting actually illegal? I say no
    Elephant hunting is illegal in Kenya.

It is legal in Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia and probably other places that I can't think of offhand.

Many of those places have elephant populations that are WAY more dense than elk or moose in BC.

As an example -- I hunted in the Selous Game Reserve in Tanzania. It is smaller than the East Kootenays. There are OVER 60,000 elephant in the Selous. There are only 30,000 elk in the East Kootenays.
    "If you want to hunt beasts you don't see every day,
    You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
    You have to go places no others can get to,
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
    - Dr. Seuss

That's what i thought but my teacher insisted that any elephant hunting was done illegally no matter where in the world
    You have no choice but to prove her wrong in front of your whole class... Then proceed to add "Shooting an Elephant" to your bucket list.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

hahaha we had to list 50 things and i think about 49 had to do with hunting something
    1.Hunt a Cougar with hounds
    Hunt.. polar bear, grizzly bear, buffalo, shoot a 6x6 elk hahahaha the other kid put "club seal"

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    You have no choice but to prove her wrong in front of your whole class... Then proceed to add "Shooting an Elephant" to your bucket list.

Carl
    I agree she has to be shown that just because she is the teacher doesnt make her right all time,prove her wrong and add it to your list.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Bow Walker Guest

Provide the information that Kody94 posted to your teacher in such a way that doesn't embarrass her in front of the class. She'll appreciate it a whole lot, believe me. No need to antagonize her. Just correct her mis-information.

Wink Re: Hunting elephants illegal?

It's too bad that hunting elephants is illegal.
    What should I do with my elephant tag,now?
    I wanted to shoot one around Prince George!
    hahaha