Thread: Hunting Quiver Options?

Hunting Quiver Options?

Hi folks,

I am looking for the best low profile compound hunting quiver. Is there one that is better than others from your experience? I see they come in one and two piece, with magnetic attachment, 3-12 arrow capacity, sound dampening, espresso machine attachments and other bells and whistles.

I have tried the Quickee quiver several times but it was really high profile, I didn't like the change in bow balance and it was noisy. Are the two piece models better at keeping the center of mass closer to the bow?

I am shooting a PSE Axe 6 btw (and lovin' it!). I am using the Quickee detached from the bow but want to go to an attached quiver if possible.

Thanks and Cheers
    Last edited by Ike; 09-15-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    All the good lines are already taken

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Quiver Options?

Alpine Soft loc. I have the bear claw and if I had to do it again I'd spend the extra 20 bucks.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

I am extremly happy with my Octane quiver 2.pce
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    I am extremly happy with my Octane quiver 2.pce
    How do you like to magnets to hold the broadhead in place?
    All the good lines are already taken

I also have the Alpine soft loc 5 arrow in skull camo, prreettyy badass

Bow Walker Guest

I prefer the type of quiver(s) that have either foam or rubber in the hoods. Just less chance of something jarring loose and making too much noise.

I think 2-piece quivers will do a couple things for you - first, they'll grab and hold the arrows with more distance between the grip points. This should make the arrows less prone to vibration and noise.

Second, I think that 2-piece quivers will be closer to the riser and therefore lower in profile than the detachable quivers.

I'd get on made for the type (brand) of bow that you're shooting. Spend the money once - be happy with the result(s).
    http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...p-1862802.html

Having said all that, if you're liking the detachable kind of quiver, there is one that is supposed to be very low in profile...
    http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...o-p-11366.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    How do you like to magnets to hold the broadhead in place?
    I was skeptical at first but after having in hand and triing it out I will state that its awesome .... Now that said ... I am using the foam this year as I am using fixed heads 3 blade heades and they fit the foam perfectly ... However if I were using the 4 blabe Muzzys, the 2 blade GKs or any mechanical head ... hell even If I put a judo in my quiver for chikkens I would not think twice about using the magnetic hood and I still might just yet for my Moose camp ... the magnets are super strong (I would almost say that they are Rare earth magnets) and they are rubber coated... the way the magnets are placed in the hood it ceneters the arrow in the hood ... and I could not detect any movement when I shot with feild points in the mag hood ...
    that said both my bows are pretty shock free ....I no longer have my obnoxious horney bows (Supertec, Fury , High country etc.....) and both my bows I tried it on are Bowtech Products with the octagon base... you would need to order the new bases if your bow has the trianglar bases (eg: Hoyts..Fuse)

I cant recall what Bow you ended up with .... I am fairly convinced that most after market 2 pce quivers that arent owned by a brand(ie: Hoyt owns the Fuse line, Bowtech owns the Octane line) come with both mounting bases or at least some sort of adaptor

Here is mine

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...p-1867379.html
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 09-15-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Fuse 2 Piece of Tightspot. They're expensive but worth the money.