Thread: baby pheasants ....

baby pheasants ....

.... does anyone know where I might find a supplier of game birds in the lower mainland?

I'd like to raise me some birds

2. Site Sponsor

Re: baby pheasants ....

Quote Originally Posted by BANG!
    .... does anyone know where I might find a supplier of game birds in the lower mainland?

I'd like to raise me some birds
    Try the local feed store, Buckerfields or CO.OP. .
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!

warning: pheasants are a major pain in the ass to try and raise. we order 25 from buckerfields at hatchling within 3 weeks they had killed each other and the two remaing were so badly injured I had to do them in myself.
    you must get rings put through thier beaks to stop them from killing each other its a major pain in the ass.......
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

Lol....there suicidal!!
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Try Campbells Pheasantry in Abbotsford: (604) 856-4375

lapadat

we ordered from rochester in alberta this year as we have 36 and haven't lost one yet there 4 weeks old right now.So I would suggest it to any one.You have to watch for picking but catch it when there small and they will stop.

we have around 40 of them, and if one doesnt get alogn with other ones we may let it loose to run free range like the chickens, but after dealing with the nig bantom rooster, and surviving they usualy smarton up
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

Lots of good advice - thanks guys!

My kids would also love to see a golden pheasant and a couple of hens in a run.

Ahhh... who am I kidding? I would also love to see a golden and a couple of hens in a run. We keep laying hens right now and my two young uns just love to feed the little buggers, collect the eggs, etc... It's great to encourage their love of wild life at this early age - when they're a little older, I'll teach them to shoot it.

I'll let you all know how I get on. I'll try the Abbotsford number and maybe throw a coop together at the weekend.

PS - If they do end up pecking the shit out of each other - you can still eat them, right?