Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 finger shooters out there?

Re: 3 finger shooters out there?

Hey Hermit , The Oly three fingers are placed under the chin to move the Point On higher up for the longer distances (up to 100m )involved .
    Split fingers (one over and two under) and anchored at the corner of the lips provide a bit of advantage with the Point On moving up for longer 3-d and target shots.
    Three fingers under the arrow provide a slight advantage on close targets as it reduces the difference in your line of sight and the slightly tipped up arrow on the drawn bow (lowering the Point On ). Additional lowering of the Point On can be made by using the middle finger to anchor at the corner of your lips .
    It evens out with no advantage to either side .

Stephane give both methods a serious try and go with what you feel comfortable with .
    Last edited by greybark; 10-20-2010 at 08:14 PM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Re: 3 finger shooters out there?

Since reading this thread I have been trying different techniques. At this point I am drawing with three (1 over, 2 under - nock locators above and below the arrow nock) then letting the top finger slip out as I come to full draw. Upon full draw holding/releasing with only the lower two fingers. Seems to give a much better arrow flight and grouping. 56" recurve - 60# @ 29" instinctive shooting.
    "Don't believe everything you think."