Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog cremation

Re: Dog cremation

I am very sorry for your loss of Logan

most vets charge about $200 for cremation if you want the ashes back (the charge is for cleaning the crematorium and the euthanizing of you animal)

the cost of mass cremation (disposal - no ashes back) is $25.00 - $50.00

my heart is heavy for your loss as we are very close to the same happening here for our Blue Heeler

as for Robert G. - you fell way down the pedistal with your very disgraceful distasteful response - I don't think any one's post has shocked me more than your's here

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

My place is okay for burial if you wish. I'm not moving any time soon and good views if you wish. Up to you.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by bc sportsman View Post
    Had all my dogs cremated and got the ashes back in a box. Three over the past 27 yrs. Buried them near a spot where they overlook our property. Loyal companions deserve respect even if only remind us of their companionship.
    True. Apparently Robert does not get it. Do owners are VERY attached to their dogs. If not you shouldn't own one. As some others have said Robert go f@#k yourself.

Casagrande, I'm sorry for your loss.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Sorry to here about your buddy just went through it in July.

Seems I have upset some with my post.
    I'll elaborate a bit where this comes from.

In recent times...people are more and more putting animals at the same level as human beings....equal value.

You want to talk hypocrite? In one sentence a woman condemns another because that person put down their cat instead of spending 1000 bucks at the vet...and the following week she goes out and gets an abortion. That's the mentality of the human race these days.

Look up a news story on the internet and read the reader responses.
    If someone abuses a pet...the story gets 500 responses from people wanting to hang the person, but a typical human murder news story gets almost no response, unless it's a child.

There is no question that animals have been equated to the same value as human beings (in some cases even more so)...and that's a problem. Animals are here for our benefit and use.
    If we need to test medical procedures on them....then so be it. Again....they are here for our use. That doesn't give us the right to abuse them, but they don't have equal rights with humans.

Anyways....my apologies to the OP. I should of said nothing...but I read the topic at the wrong time obviously, and I got a bit angry.
    I do however stand by my word....cremation for a pet is a waste of money. From a moral perspective...that money could be put to much better use.

2slow is offline Seeing any?-yup,last week

Sorry for the loss of your dog. Definitely leaves a hole in your heart and family.
    Stand for what you believe in or step aside

I lost my big girl, a 14 year old Briard, last winter. The vet was very good about taking care of the remains and it cost me about $150.

Condolences on your loss, man.
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_G View Post

In recent times...people are more and more putting animals at the same level as human beings....equal value.

You want to talk hypocrite? In one sentence a woman condemns another because that person put down their cat instead of spending 1000 bucks at the vet...and the following week she goes out and gets an abortion. That's the mentality of the human race these days.

If someone abuses a pet...the story gets 500 responses from people wanting to hang the person, but a typical human murder news story gets almost no response, unless it's a child.

There is no question that animals have been equated to the same value as human beings (in some cases even more so)...and that's a problem. Animals are here for our benefit and use.
    If we need to test medical procedures on them....then so be it. Again....they are here for our use. That doesn't give us the right to abuse them, but they don't have equal rights with humans.

Anyways....my apologies to the OP. I should of said nothing...but I read the topic at the wrong time obviously, and I got a bit angry.
    I do however stand by my word....cremation for a pet is a waste of money. From a moral perspective...that money could be put to much better use.
    Nothing in your useless post equates to this. You just don't get it. Get stuffed.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_G View Post

That money could be better spent elsewhere. Do you drink anything other than water, because if you do that money could be spent elsewhere. Do you own a T.V., stereo etc, because that money could be spent elsewhere. Do you buy Christmas presents, because that money could be spent elsewhere. The money you spent on your computer could be better spent somewhere else. I could go on but I trust you see the point. Your entire aguement is hypocritical if you spend $1 on non-essential items. This post has nothing to do with dog rights or people rights, but if that's your crusade, then fine but I really don't give a shit. Your rant wasn't sought after but you obviously couldn't help yourself. You're right - you should have kept your mouth shut, but apologies accepted.
    He's being cremated tomorrow.
    Last edited by Casagrande; 09-12-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling

I have a decoy urn ready for my 12 1/2 year old Chocolate lab,Gunner.(I hope I won't need it for a while yet).I will save his ashes(should he go before me),and when I pass my wife will scatter our ashes together.I can't think of a better friend to share Eternity with. Gunner
    Support the BCWF, they volunteer to benefit all of us.