Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 year old takin core.

11 year old takin core.

hey all i was thinkin bout puttin my 11 year old daughter into the core some time this year. what is any tips and advice u may have for a chil takin the core. i understand it will be hard for her to do but she really wants to hunt. i know she could hunt off my tags but if she wants to do it why not let her right.
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 11 year old takin core.

mine took the course when 11yrs old, make sure she studies the ducks as this fails alot of people.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

did yours take the couse or challange the test?
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

My 10 year old daughter just took the CORE and passed with 97%. I think the bird ID and gun safety was hardest. I helped her study.

i did mine when i was ten and i passed with flying colors just make sure she studies and tries her best and im sure she will be fine
    Gold Bond Application Artist

my two nephews are taking it right now and they are 13 and 11, they right the test tonight, I am sure they will pass

They may let you sit in with your child during the course. I was able to do this and it really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    They may let you sit in with your child during the course. I was able to do this and it really helped.
    Ya i was just going to suggest that too. The guy that did the course for my son when he was 10 years old had no problem with me or my wife sitting in to help with the intimidation factor - especially since the rest of the class was made up of 16 year olds and up. Not sure where you are but in Kamloops you can't beat Alec Farquharson! If not just ask the guy teaching the course.

Thumbs up Re: 11 year old takin core.

Thats cool Darcy. I got an interesting email from my rod and gun club this summer (Mission). It was for a youth summer camp.

I sent my 12 year old daughter.

One week at the range. She got to shoot rifle, handgun, archery, trap and skeet. Took the core. Passed 97% and passed her firearms safety too with 95% What a fantastic idea to get youth to the range. So now she has her own hunting license and can shoot off her own tags instead of mine. Now I need to send in for her Junior PAL as well.

Find someone to to do the core with her. Let us know how it goes

My 10 year old son and 13 year old daughter took and passed the CORE course this spring. I bought the CORE book for each of them and they had to read the chapters and we reviewed the questions in the book over a week. When it came time for the course and test they were more than prepared.

Good luck to you!
    Ridgedale Rod And Gun Club