Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Pics of Your Hunting Camp Setup

Re: Show Us Pics of Your Hunting Camp Setup

Quote Originally Posted by one-shot-wonder View Post
    Do you pack that heat shroud around, or was it present when you arrived? Having that for backing really turns up the heat!
    If we change camp we take it along otherwise we leave it behind. It makes a huge difference when really cold. At snow camp in Sept.

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Continued
    Moose shot the day before-to the right of the campfire
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

From 2001-the day before 9/11
    This has been our regular hunting camp since the 60's located between Germansen & Uslika. When we first came there we stayed in a tent.
    Lost count of how many moose were harvested from the area over the last 50 years or so. Also plenty of grizzlies & wolves with an odd deer here & there.
    Also notice the culvert 1/2 ring around the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    If we change camp we take it along otherwise we leave it behind. It makes a huge difference when really cold. At snow camp in Sept.

I bet that shroud throws major heat. Next time your cold standing around the fire trying splitting the wood.....

Quote Originally Posted by one-shot-wonder View Post
    I bet that shroud throws major heat. Next time your cold standing around the fire trying splitting the wood.....
    LT(LOVER 308 ) put on the large unsplit pieces so they would burn longer.

That culvert collar would throw one hell of a lot of heat back good idea. I wouldn't cook anything on the fire though, the galvanizing will be slowly burning away and its not very nice stuff.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

we're all here..Because we're not all there..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC075451.JPG 
Views:	336 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	6744  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.” -Aldo Leopold

Last edited by hunter1947; 01-13-2018 at 05:59 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..