Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Pics of Your Hunting Camp Setup

Re: Show Us Pics of Your Hunting Camp Setup

Getting a lot of questions regarding the lodge [Moose is Loose Trailer] so I thought I would give my private messages a rest and fill in some blanks.

Its a 20ft by 8-6ft 10,000 gvw Continental trailer with extra head height.
    Has an 8 inch lift and is totally insulated.
    Gen-set ready with in-line deep cell batteries.
    Full size fridge with freezer and forced air furnace.
    Custom side windows with a chimney door.
    Airtight woodstove with 8 inch pipe.

Sleeps 4 with full size bunks
    3 burner propane stove
    toaster, coffee maker, microwave and sat radio, t.v. with the dvd.
    table sits 5 for dinner
    Hauls 3 quads with one in the truck box
    18ft awning for working over the webber barbi

Speced out the trailer and ordered it through Cummings in Aldergrove, it arrived pretty much bare inside and finished it off myself. Everything is hinged and folds away to fit the quads etc. The propane stove you see has a whole drilled through the fender well where the propane hose goes out to hookup with the bottle outside. Trailer is also hard wired for co detector and smoke detectors.

Hauls great with the duramax, you would need an extended tongue for the short boxes if you want to put a tailgate down to fit a quad.

Yeah got stopped at hope this season, weight scales guy re weight with truck and trailer, bumping up your gvw, etc., cured that problem by getting a license for an r.v. as we use it to sleep in, just a heads up for other guys who have been stopped and fined.

Hopefully that answers a few questions guys later Hunterguy.

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    what do you call your tent Mark?

I call it the igloo!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Here one of my camps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheephunt.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	3304  

Cabelas Bighorn II tent. This is a great tent for 1-4 people. I can get this set up with stove burning in 15 mins. I have the vestibule as well, which makes a great cook shack.

Last edited by Slee; 03-13-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Man, there are some nice rigs here...makes me think my little backpack tent is slightly inadequate (and then I remember...I've got to haul the thing somehow).

I'll generally pitch my mountain hardware tent for any trip. I've also been known to crash in the cab of the truck from time to time.

Anthony
    What's my Ideal date? How bout a campfire lit diner, followed by a long walk with just you, me, and my gun. Oh yeah, and "getting lucky" in November is going to mean dropping that Booner buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterguy View Post
    Getting a lot of questions regarding the lodge [Moose is Loose Trailer] so I thought I would give my private messages a rest and fill in some blanks.

Its a 20ft by 8-6ft 10,000 gvw Continental trailer with extra head height.
    Has an 8 inch lift and is totally insulated.
    Gen-set ready with in-line deep cell batteries.
    Full size fridge with freezer and forced air furnace.
    Custom side windows with a chimney door.
    Airtight woodstove with 8 inch pipe.

Sleeps 4 with full size bunks
    3 burner propane stove
    toaster, coffee maker, microwave and sat radio, t.v. with the dvd.
    table sits 5 for dinner
    Hauls 3 quads with one in the truck box
    18ft awning for working over the webber barbi

Speced out the trailer and ordered it through Cummings in Aldergrove, it arrived pretty much bare inside and finished it off myself. Everything is hinged and folds away to fit the quads etc. The propane stove you see has a whole drilled through the fender well where the propane hose goes out to hookup with the bottle outside. Trailer is also hard wired for co detector and smoke detectors.

Hauls great with the duramax, you would need an extended tongue for the short boxes if you want to put a tailgate down to fit a quad.

Yeah got stopped at hope this season, weight scales guy re weight with truck and trailer, bumping up your gvw, etc., cured that problem by getting a license for an r.v. as we use it to sleep in, just a heads up for other guys who have been stopped and fined.

Hopefully that answers a few questions guys later Hunterguy.
    Thanks for the info HunterGuy. I have a travel trailer but have been thinking for some time now about building a enclosed trailer. By the way, Very nice job !!!

Inside pics in the hunting gear thread, no problem I hope some of your questions are better answered.

http://www.sandmanhotels.com/hotel/bc/cranbrook

And part of this nice and friendly hotel, is a 24 hours Dennis Restaurant.

Most good hunting is within one hours drive from Cranbrook.

You just pack your hunting gear. Also far cheaper than most other hunting camps, where you have to pack trailers, campers, tent, cooking stuff, food etc.

Heavy tailers and campers takes you longer to get to the hunting grounds, as well as make you spend much more money on gas.

I find that a lot of good hunting in B.C. can be reached comfortably from many local hotels/motels, and many of the motels also have complete "kichenettes".

Often, many of these motels have good off season rates for the hunters. Around $ 60.- a day for a room is not a unusual rate, which can hold as many as four hunters. Some of them even offers you a place to hang your meat, as well as give you advice of good places to hunt locally

I also like to support these local B.C. businesses when I hunt.

I'd rather pay $100 for a room and NOT have to eat Dennys.
    Especially before going on a hunt, talk about a major case of 'soup ass' !

I go in the bush to get away from phones, bad drivers, bills, checkout times...HBC , thats 75% of the experience gone staying in town !
    To each their own though !
    Last edited by BlacktailStalker; 03-13-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny