Thread: Show Us Pics of Your Hunting Camp Setup

Re: Show Us Pics of Your Hunting Camp Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Now that's roughing it !
    Arctic Lake
    Our 5 star resort

share image

First spike camp in the 90's for me. Two guys (father and son), one tarp, one sleeping bag, one foamy. four days...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...165521&cat=500
    I uploaded one to the gallery but cant remember how to put it in this post...this might have done it...heheh
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 08-27-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...165521&cat=500
    I uploaded one to the gallery but cant remember how to put it in this post...this might have done it...heheh

This is a great thread. I'd happily spend a couple weeks in any one of those camps.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Looks like a nice Clipper Canoe you have there . What model ? Like the tent too.
    Arctic Lake
    Thanks.

The canoe is a Clipper 17' Prospector in the Kevlar/Duraflex material. It weighs 68lbs and is nearly indestructible. There's a youtube video where they take a 5lb mallet to the canoe and it just keeps bouncing off without leaving a mark. I can vouch for it's ability to take a few rocks while being light enough to portage. The only downside is the Kevlar/Duraflex only comes in the somewhat transparent yellow. To get it red would've weighed another 7lbs in paint. I believe I paid $2,800.

The tent is a 12x14 by NorthWestWallTents. I wish I got the porch, but other than that it's great. Solid fittings, great heavy duty storage bags, and all zippers slide well and hold up to a bit of a abuse. I believe I paid $1,400.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

Last year LEH moose hunt. Accommodation was a car shelter with a felt floor that moisture would drain through. Hunting buddies gave me a hard time about all the clothes I brought....

… but I was back in the fold when I came up with this ingenious way to tease the last drop of red wine out of the box I brought. Red Green would be proud.

A beautiful spot it was...

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post

… but I was back in the fold when I came up with this ingenious way to tease the last drop of red wine out of the box I brought. Red Green would be proud.

When I did a caribou hunt with Stone Sheep Steve, he brought a few of those bags ( I think they were 10 litre bags) before they are put in the boxes (works at Winery). We would fill lake water into one and carry back to camp. From that bag we filtered water into the second bag. That second bag was hung in a pillow case that we put a small hole in the bottom so the valve would stick out of it and the pillow case was hung from a pole. Worked like a hot dam to fill your cup for water.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

thanks warnniklz...much appreciated...

this was our moose camp 2018...no moose or deer were harmed on this trip....found fresh cougar tracks less than 100 feet from the tent as it snowed the night before we knew they were very fresh...heheheh...also had a skunk and whisky jacks coming in our tent.....had to calm my hunting partner down as he was trying to scare it away in an aggressive manner rather than making some gentle noise to let it know it should move along....
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 08-28-2019 at 06:52 AM.

August 18th sheep hunting camp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAD0A9B3-641F-485A-B784-8F13DC1CFC9F.jpg 
Views:	1348 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	7552