Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Missing in Spatsizi

Re: Still Missing in Spatsizi

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Never been to the Spatsizi, but would think that if he was pursuing sheep, that he would have been on a trail, following a drainage ridge or creek/river bottom to the alpine. In other words, I think at least some of his gear would have been found by now, if in fact it was ever there to be found. Long way of saying, disappearing without a trace leaves me thinking river.
    That said, I really hope the family receives enough evidence to give them some of the closure they deserve.
    Me thinks someone else has his gear. I'm probably not the only one thinking that.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

If this fella is still missing after five years in that kind of wilderness... Sad for the family.
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    If this fella is still missing after five years in that kind of wilderness... Sad for the family.
    very sad and much more than 5 years ago

Tom Leonard failed to return from a fall hunting trip in Northwestern British Columbia at Spatsizi Plateau Provincial Wilderness Park. Tom signed in at the Eaglenest Trail Head on September 11, 2005 and continued on backpacking on his limited entry sheep hunt. When he failed to return home on October 2, 2005 RCMP conducted a search and located his truck at the base of the mountain at Eaglenest Trail

Wolfman, he went missing in 2005, can't imagine how tough its been for his wife and kids

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Me thinks someone else has his gear. I'm probably not the only one thinking that.
    It's huge country up there. Looking for camouflaged clothing, backpack, brown tent....it's tough to see that stuff. A person could walk by 10 yards away on not see anything.

Remember the old Winchester find?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.571858f25e49

Will keep an eye out. But like most have said, camouflaged 12 years later is going to be near impossible to see.

Been along time now so sad. Wish you some answers and some closure for your family.
    Im Planning to hunt Spatsizi this aug-sept I have sheep draw. Will be my first time in there first time draw. I'm looking for all the info I can to make this a successful trip and by successful I mean safe. Whether it's just enjoying this amazing country and only coming home with pictures and memories but its coming home to my wife and son. It would be great to find anything to help close this mystery for your family.
    Are you still able to drive into where the truck was found? Or do you have to fly in now making following his trail heading almost impossible? How far can you drive in from tatogga? Anyone who's been there that would care to share some info please pm me.
    Thanks

Very sad story. But remember you never know what someone is thinking, and could have wanted to disappear. Or like others have said, river!

Hmmm remember the Mayor of Kelowna crashed north of Abotsford" he survived the crash, wrote a note and headed towards the highway..they found the aircraft but not the Mayor..years later he was found at the base of a waterfall when a particularly low water level revealed the remains..
    Most sheep hunters follow traditional trails, areas..looking for sheep hunter ? Look for sheep...
    The helicopter crash 25 years ago..they were collar ing sheep..so look for the sheep locations.ironically the lady from USA wore the pilots coat and said they would be found at a lake shaped like a cowboy boot..they were at the toe of the boot..when found they were as the lady predicted. .however no survivors. .
    As has been repeated"..only so many options. .cliffs, water, bears or foul play..
    Cliff collapse may unfortunately hide evidence for a long time..or longer..
    Water..creeks, rivers usually relinquish it's hold on objects..over time deteriorating material fabrics will catch water. .unwind and show up..low water levels reveal hidden secrets..
    Bear attacks do not explain miss in rifle, back pack..etc..food sources in the pack would result in strewn contents blowing in the wind..visible..
    This does leave foul play..someone (s) deliberately not wanting evidence to be found...
    My thoughts over the years come back to the family. .our thoughts and prayers for closure continue to this day..
    Steven Rupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm remember the Mayor of Kelowna crashed north of Abotsford" he survived the crash, wrote a note and headed towards the highway..they found the aircraft but not the Mayor..years later he was found at the base of a waterfall when a particularly low water level revealed the remains..
    Most sheep hunters follow traditional trails, areas..looking for sheep hunter ? Look for sheep...
    The helicopter crash 25 years ago..they were collar ing sheep..so look for the sheep locations.ironically the lady from USA wore the pilots coat and said they would be found at a lake shaped like a cowboy boot..they were at the toe of the boot..when found they were as the lady predicted. .however no survivors. .
    As has been repeated"..only so many options. .cliffs, water, bears or foul play..
    Cliff collapse may unfortunately hide evidence for a long time..or longer..
    Water..creeks, rivers usually relinquish it's hold on objects..over time deteriorating material fabrics will catch water. .unwind and show up..low water levels reveal hidden secrets..
    Bear attacks do not explain miss in rifle, back pack..etc..food sources in the pack would result in strewn contents blowing in the wind..visible..
    This does leave foul play..someone (s) deliberately not wanting evidence to be found...
    My thoughts over the years come back to the family. .our thoughts and prayers for closure continue to this day..
    Steven Rupp
    Very well said, only time will tell unfortunately