Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Missing in Spatsizi

Re: Still Missing in Spatsizi

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Is there somewhere we can have "full details" of what is known, what was the plan, what was found and not found.
    I thought I read the risk of him falling into a river may have been possible as well?
    I don't know , I have never been up there, but if that was a potential risk, that people keep their eyes open along any of
    these waterways, just in case some articles are washed up along there.
    I do hope the family finds "closure".
    Here it is

If any mod can copy link picture into the OP I'd appreciate it
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Was thinking of this thread, figured worth a bump again.

sharing it

Quote Originally Posted by AltaElkhunter View Post
    Was thinking of this thread, figured worth a bump again.
    Always worth a bump until the family gets closure
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Man that is a sad story ! I hope the family is holding up well !

Arctic Lake

icredibly sad story. Does this area have a high grizzly population?

Many grizzly....
    Steep cliffs ....
    Rivers......

Godspeed
    And That Is That

Never been to the Spatsizi, but would think that if he was pursuing sheep, that he would have been on a trail, following a drainage ridge or creek/river bottom to the alpine. In other words, I think at least some of his gear would have been found by now, if in fact it was ever there to be found. Long way of saying, disappearing without a trace leaves me thinking river.
    That said, I really hope the family receives enough evidence to give them some of the closure they deserve.

As the others have said there is a good chance that his death? was caused by some water related incident while on his way to his destination.

Could have been similar to Garry Last’s injury while hiking in the Spatsizi wilderness.

http://www.hintonparklander.com/2013...-bc-wilderness

Close to home after almost a week(Jan. 2017) for 2 snowshoers lost on Cypress the intensive search was called off.
    “In May, a Delta man slipped while crossing a shallow part of Norvan Creek in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park, causing him to hit his head and go into fatal cardiac arrest.”
    http://www.nsnews.com/news/search-fo...gins-1.6063710

Hate to say it but after almost 11 ˝ years it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack scenario.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    As the others have said there is a good chance that his death? was caused by some water related incident while on his way to his destination.

Could have been similar to Garry Last’s injury while hiking in the Spatsizi wilderness.

http://www.hintonparklander.com/2013...-bc-wilderness

Close to home after almost a week(Jan. 2017) for 2 snowshoers lost on Cypress the intensive search was called off.
    “In May, a Delta man slipped while crossing a shallow part of Norvan Creek in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park, causing him to hit his head and go into fatal cardiac arrest.”
    http://www.nsnews.com/news/search-fo...gins-1.6063710

Hate to say it but after almost 11 ˝ years it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack scenario.
    all you can hope for over time is that enough people trample through that haystack until someone steps on the needle..... I am wishing hard for the family to have closure!!