Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Missing in Spatsizi

Re: Still Missing in Spatsizi

has anything ever been found after all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    has anything ever been found after all these years?
    nothing new

http://www.missinginspatsizi.com/

That is a Very SADDENING storey maybe one day he will be found so the family can have closure . RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 07-28-2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling

May God give you peace.

I figured as people are going to start heading up north to chase rams it would be a good reminder ...

Cant imagine how troubling this much be, hopefully answers come this year.

makes one really reconsider doing trips like this alone, not a good idea, but there will always be some who will, just in their genes.
    I know there are pingers for those who have been smothered by an avalanche.
    Wonder if there are pingers which could be used...say for 2 weeks, that one can turn on, keep on the body, while moving around til trip is over.
    Not that the individual who is out there on their own will really care, but for those around them who care.
    My heartfelt condolences to the family, must be hard even now at times...not knowing...no closure.
    Peace to them.

SPOT was just starting up when Tom went missing. Too bad he did not have one at the time.
    The length of time (3 weeks) that Tom was going was just too long a period for solo without some method of checking in. Regardless of what event and time of event, it was too long a time before the alarm was raised. The trail was cold by the time searchers would embark.
    My advice to you solo hunters would be to buy a SPOT device. When you pay for activation, go the extra dollars and make sure you have the bread crumb trail activated. This way, should you not be able to activate the 911 phase, someone will know your immediate location as long as the batteries are functional. New lithium batteries before you depart and make sure that your contacts are able to receive the transmissions.
    Hopefully, maybe this year Tammy and her daughters will get closure and be able to put Tom to rest.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

thanks Jager for the info, maybe this is some advice that should be pinned to the top of the forum.
    I heard of SPOT, but did not know it's full details and potential.

Thanks Toadhunter for bringing this story back (that gesture touched our hearts dearly). The girls and I will never give up hope in finding Tom. It does not matter how many years pass, we will always hope that this will be the year that we will receive the news, "something has been located". From that we will be able to piece together what kept our loved one from coming home to us. It is so nice to see the "user names" that supported us back in 2006 are still here wishing us closure that we so desire to get.