All sold out!
    Member of CCFR

Re: Still Missing in Spatsizi

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    All sold out!
    Geez, I just squeezed in I guess LoL.

glad to see so much support for a good cause

Don’t know how I missed this post over the years. Bought a few tickets for the cause, hope the family gets some answers and closure.

Tammy and the girls are very thankful and very excited about the momentum on getting this search going in the spring. I am blown away at how fast it sold out, I was worried it would take awhile. The hunting community is amazing.

Chuck
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Tammy and the girls are very thankful and very excited about the momentum on getting this search going in the spring. I am blown away at how fast it sold out, I was worried it would take awhile. The hunting community is amazing.

Chuck
    Great work Chuck, very good of you to donate and make this happen, again it shows the thoughtful awesome folks in the outdoor community,
    Many thanks to all you
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Thanks Don,
    Just taking a page out of your book! You are right, amazing people in the hunting world.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Wow good on ya 264, that’s a great way to generate funds for the search for Tom.

Anyone that’s thinking of going in to help, I would suggest you go in sheep shape.
    The Spatsizi is rugged and can be very unforgiving.

Hoping for an early spring this year. Fingers crossed.

Update on 2022 Spatsizi search for my husband Tom Leonard.

On July 12-15/22 Terrace SARS searched a new area of Spatsizi due to receiving a new lead. Items were located and given to authorities. No words can express the emotions we were feeling and how high our hopes were running during the weeks following but unfortunately the items were ruled out belonging to Tom. On the same search SARS searched for the old camp that had been reported to us a few years ago but unfortunately it was not located. On September 10-13/22 Terrace SARS returned to Spatsizi to search for the old camp, unfortunately it was not located.

I would like to thank the members of Terrace Search and Rescue for their continued support, dedication and sacrifices they make to help the girls and I. I am so grateful to The Wild Sheep Society of BC and The Hunter Conservationist for giving me an opportunity to bring awareness to Tom’s story through their podcasts. All those who have reached out to us to offer kind words and support by email and through the hunting forums, you truly have touched our hearts. We thank those who have helped with helicopter funds by donating to the go fund me account. To the Wild Sheep Society and all their members your support means the world to us. We are beyond grateful to Chuck for donating the rifle to the Wild Sheep Society for the raffle. All of you are the reason the search was able to happen this year and for that we are forever grateful.

Please continue to share Tom’s story to whoever is heading to Spatsizi. It just takes locating one item to change our world forever.

Tammy Leonard

“My Dad saw his life from a great altitude, as if through a landscape outstretching mountain ranges. He lived a fearless life of adventure. He was real and true, with a heart the size of the moon he laid under most nights. His life encompassed his passion of the outdoors, weaving itself into every aspect of his life. He honoured all those he loved through the experiences of beauty and simplicity seen in the places he called home. He continues to live a life of great proportion among the outstanding mountains of the Spatsizi Plateau. Watching from above the adventures we lead in his honour.”

Words by Tom’s daughter Shamara

Tammy,
    I am sorry to hear that the items found were not Tom’s. This doesn’t mean we give up, it just means that we aren’t done yet.
    Please give the girls a hug from me and the entire hunting community. We will find him. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Regards,
    Chuck Peeling
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Tammy,
    I am sorry to hear that the items found were not Tom’s. This doesn’t mean we give up, it just means that we aren’t done yet.
    Please give the girls a hug from me and the entire hunting community. We will find him. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Regards,
    Chuck Peeling
    GOOD on you Chuck and all the folks looking for Tom - NICE to hear your going to Keep at it for Tammy and the Family . RJ