Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .303 Enfield Magazine

Re: .303 Enfield Magazine

Wow didnt know it fell under that act, I love this site allways learning

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

My grandfather used a 303 savage and was so confident (or arrogant) that he would only put one bullet in the gun and carry a second in his pocket in case he saw a second deer while packing the first deer home. (So the story was told to me)

from what I understand, ww2 or pre-war rifles and he like are exempt from those classifications as long as it is factory equipment. if you are worried you can pack your standard 5 & be fine.

I heard rumours that the ruling on shotguns is being reviewed for change regarding the 3 round limit on shot shells but allowed 5 rounds for slugs... something along those lines

The Garand is exempt because it has an internal mag that loads with a clip that holds 8 rounds and it has to be full to load the rifle. (or one a time in the chamber). Bolt, pump and lever action rifles have NO mag limit.

The 'ENFIELD' is not a 'Lee Enfield'. If it has a detachable magazine, in either 5 or 10 shot capacity, it is a Lee Enfield of one or other models. Because it is not a semi-auto, there is no limit on magazine capacity. When you load the 10 shot mag., and put another in the chamber, you shouldn't have need for packing extra rounds on a standard hunting day.