Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grouse,Quail,Pheasant,etc...

Re: Grouse,Quail,Pheasant,etc...

Just read up and from my understanding I do not require tags and the daily limit is 10. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting4Life View Post
    Just read up and from my understanding I do not require tags and the daily limit is 10. Is this correct?
    correct. you just need your hunting licence and that covers small game and upland birds. If you would like a waterfowl licence you can pick it up from wholesale sports or the post office.

Do I have to do the core hunting program for a license or can I just buy 1?

You need the core.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Where can I take that near west van and how long is it, also couldn't find quail on the regs, when is there season and wats daily bag limit? Thanks guys!!!

Also, if you are under 18 you must be accompanied by your parent or guardian who must sign an "Acknowledgement of Responsibility" for his/her son or daughter or ward. And hunters under the age of 18 must be accompanied and closely supervised while hunting by a person who is 18 years of age or older and who holds a hunting licence. These qualifications must also be met for licencing requirements in B.C. .

Britman idk where ur from but since I have my firearms license (minor) I can use a firearm for hunting or target practice while unsupervised

No you can't....you must be accompanied, its very clear in the regs. If you don't believe phone the closest CO office.

You've missed something buddy...
    If you have your PAL, this allows you to shoot a firearm. You need a hunting license to hunt. Its 2 different things. You can hunt with a bow without a firearms license, but you still cannot hunt without a hunting license.
    You need to take the CORE (conservation outdoor recreation education) course, which can be done over a weekend. They cover all sorts of game along with more firearms safety etc. The CORE is a must before hunting.
    If you have a firearms license and shoot something, you have broken the law and can be in huge trouble.
    And on the bad news side: it may actually be too late this year to get your hunting license. Many instructors will be away hunting or whatever at this time of year. You take the course, get your results, go get your hunter number, then you go to walmart or where ever and buy your hunting license and then a deer tag etc. You wont need any tags for grouse.

hope this helps!
    Last edited by hoochie; 08-31-2010 at 11:40 AM.

yes but once i have both hunters license and pal i can hunt alone is wat i am saying.