Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: sasquatch man

Re: sasquatch man

actually jmac..footprints have been found..both "Sasquatch and Yeti " tracks found in the highest Himalayas by seasoned sherpas and I believe the guys name was HILLARY..thats SIR Edmund Hillary....tracks that could not be identiefied, same goes here in BC and Oregon...some even show signs of dermal ridges, one set had an injury etc etc...

Browning boy..I know what Clayton said about their vocalizations...however Im not sure that i want to subjest my self to the incredulity and comments and tones..reflected by the nay sayers.

I repeat...I have not seen one however I am open to the possibility they exist.....I am not in any position to call Clayton a liar or bullshitter or????

He spent over 50 years in the most remote innacessable enviroment in Canada....and he believed....and he had nothying to prove or gain and a hell of a lot to lose by even speaking up...

Believe or not..but ridiculing those that do or have had experiences is not helping..

cheers
    Steven

Hey srupp no disrespect to yourself, Clayton Mack and or Sir Hillary. On my part this ain't gonna be a pissin match! Just good ole discussion! IMO in order for there to be a sustainable population in this day and age (or any other) I think there'd be a lot more sign than 1 or 2 tracks from here to Oregon to the Himalayas. Hey I haven't spent the last 50 years of my life in the bush only the last 12 averaging 250 plus days a year (yup no guff) and hey I know I haven't obviously seen or know it all. However, these are the questions/points I ask myself?! Recruitment is obviously vital to any species existing for generations, so where's Gramma and Grandpa, Mom and Dad and their offspring? How do they hunt? What do they eat? Where do they summer? Where do they winter? Where's the bones/remains? How come there hasn't been any hit on the highway? Hit By a train? Shot? Found delirious, deathly ill/sick? I ask myself this, cause every animal we know we have fits the mold and the questions can be answered!
    P.S. I know a lot of seasoned climbers that don't know squat when it comes to wild animals and tracks. They know a lot about carabiners and rope IMO. A big ole aged hind foot of a bear track in the snow or mud could be Bigfoot or the Yeti. I noticed how one never hears of anyone finding multiple tracks in a row?! It's always "one" track. I've chased a few deer, moose, elk, cats, wolves, bears, and dogs in snow and dirt and they always leave a lot more than "one" track! Hey one day when are dogs trash out and tree one I'll be the first to kick my own *ss for saying what I believe here!

jmac no pissin match here bro...I think all your points are valid and ones I too consider...
    There have been lots of er "sightings " by police, drs, housewifes , laywers etc etc etc.....hmmm are laywers ever credible?? however there have been lots of tracks and sightings ....some from questionable folks however even a drug dopie MAY have seen something.....and lots of tracks ....have some been fake..absolutley..but all it takes is one to be legitiamate to prove their existence and I do have problems with 100% of every sighting and 100% of every track to be intentional fraud or accidental missidentification..

These sightings have been going on for hundreds of years with first nations...superstition or???

And Jmac you spend as much time as perhaps I do or certainly most others on this site each year out in the wilds....

in all that time how many dead black bears have you found ???s Clayton said just cuz you didnt find them certainly doesnt prove they dont exist.

I havnt followed Sasquatch happenings at all...I just listened to Clayton..and my own experinces and the odd show on Tv.

Do I personally believe ? I remain open with many of the same questions as do you....all I know is sure hope to hell IF they exist IM not lucky enough to see one....lol....

Good discussion exellent points you make..

Steven

Steven, I've actually found 3 dead bears on seperate occasions. 2 were cubs that wolves had killed. (Yes wolves will kill cubs) The wolf scat on the road was full of their hair as well. I found a big ole lunker bear skull and spine with hair stuck in the vegetation in no mans land once too. You're right though I haven't found a lot. I've found a few dead bears after a loud bang however LOL!
    JMac

Browningboy:

I have had several ear-witnesses (including some very close friends and hunting partners) tell me that the unidentified sounds they heard could be best described as a screaming roar with incredible volume. One of them even stated that the sounds he heard would have been impossible for any human or animal to duplicate without the assistance on a large amplifier.

Although sasquatch have also been suspected of making wood-knocking sounds on trees (possible communication) ape-like whooping sounds, unintelligible human-like chattering or mumbling and a long, almost wolf-like howling, the loud screaming roars seem to be meant as a deterrent to approaching humans. And, from what I've heard from many witnesses is that it generally works.

As to whether or not you and your hunting companions possibly heard a sasquatch up in the Nahatlatch Valley, you'll have to be the judge of that one once you carefully use the process of elimination.

JMac:

Recruitment is obviously vital to any species existing for generations, so where's Gramma and Grandpa, Mom and Dad and their offspring?
    While I certainly don't claim to have all the answers on the sasquatch mystery, I have been quietly walking around in the bush for nearly 50 years with my eyes and mind open. I'll share a little of what I have learned below.

There have been several reports from witnesses that have claimed to have observed family units of sasquatch. One of the more famous incidents can be read here:
    The Albert Ostman story:

http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/classics/ostman.html

How do they hunt? What do they eat?
    One of the strangest stories I heard was from a seasoned trapper up north.
    Seems he ran across a place where something was jumping from above on to the backs of deer and moose using a game trail. Whatever was jumping on to the backs of the unsuspecting animals was using small trees along the game trail to slow the running animals. At the bottom of the hill the trapper found remnants of many deer and moose with broken necks.

As near as can be estimated, sasquatch appears to be an opportunist omnivore that gathers its food from many different sources. Here's a few possible examples: five species of salmon, clams and mussels( both fresh and saltwater), cray fish, cattails, blackberries, sedge grasses, salmon berries, wild blueberries, thimble berries, huckleberries, mountain cranberries, mushrooms, insects like ants and grubs, tree bark, leaves and tender shoots of trees in spring, grubs, tree bark, pine and spruce needles, plant roots, wild nuts, mosses, aquatic plants, rodents, rabbits, mosses, mushrooms, frogs, moose, elk, bears, deer, rabbits, smaller fish, and anything else it could scavenge in its travels.

Where do they summer? Where do they winter?
    First Nations people believe sasquatch is territorial and favours certain areas much like any other wild animal. I guess one could say that sasquatch are where you find them. As with moose, elk, deer, bears and birds, each seems to favour certain habitats during the seasons.

Sasquatch are also thought to migrate and follow available seasonal food sources.

First Nations people also claimed that sasquatch would utilize holes in the ground or caves during the winter months.

Where's the bones/remains?
    If they seek remote and hidden places when they die naturally (like bears do) it's doubtful we will ever find remains of sasquatch. If they bury their dead as humans do, it's even less likely.

How come there hasn't been any hit on the highway? Hit By a train? Shot?
    There has been several documented reports of each incident you mention but yet no body has ever turned up.

I'll go along with you on that point as one would suspect something should have turned up by now.

I noticed how one never hears of anyone finding multiple tracks in a row?! It's always "one" track.
    You are dead wrong on that one. Read the following reports with photos:
    Tracks in the snow:
    http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/classics/snow.html
    http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/bf_prints.html

All in all I have to say that I approach the subject of sasquatch with an open mind. However, until you see something with your own eyes it's extremely hard to believe that a creature reported to be a large as sasquatch could stay hidden from modern science for so many years. As I mentioned before, what's needed is a dead one to prove they exist.

Bushman
    "To fair-chase hunt, shoot straight, respect, speak the truth, and enjoy the wilds of B.C. in a way few ever experience." —Bushman

Quote Originally Posted by dougan
    queen charlotte natives are scared out of their skin of sasquatch!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who isn't?
    Cody
    "Very Nice."

ya Cody..on the occasion I have been hunting alone high on a mountain for sheep etc and closing my eyes and hear somethun strange...I wonder what would I do IF I spotted a 'sasquatch" (after changing my shorts )

photos? yes.... video yes.........and IF he got close?????or challenged me????

I wonder....but by wondering I realize I am open to the possibility they may exist....

Steven

Best thing to do is pretend you never saw nothing....Erase it form your mind. Best option by far...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

What a thread to bring back for the new guys around here . Thanks .

Sasquatch and Ogopogo? Are they real or are they a figment of someone's imagination? Sometimes the mind does strange things. Only time will tell. How long have these sightings been happening? I know some of the so called sightings have just been people trying to make a fast buck. Maybe some of the more honest ones mentioned here really did see something. Makes me want to get a bigger gun.

However, there are lots of UFO sightings.....
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....