Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farrell Creek Elk

Farrell Creek Elk

Just wondering how the elk hunting on lower Farrell would be out towards Hudson Hope. My concern is whether the elk would be farther up in sept or down above the peace. I've also noticed theres a lot of private land in there, is access an issue. Would I be better off trying the Halfway or Mile 95?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Farrell Creek Elk

the upper halfway has a lot more private land and fewer elk than farrel creek.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

all i know is all those areas are all getting hit by hunters from outta town like a sonofabitch these days
    Warning shot Wells...they used to call him....

Quote Originally Posted by shawnwells View Post
    all i know is all those areas are all getting hit by hunters from outta town like a sonofabitch these days

as in residents of bc that have the right to hunt in every area of the province as do you?

Quote Originally Posted by bridger View Post
    as in residents of bc that have the right to hunt in every area of the province as do you?
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by shawnwells View Post

with the regs loosening in the Koots this might dissipate a little??

the lower farrell has lots of private property and i have been told that access is a problem. alot of farmers only give permission to the guides up there.
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Quote Originally Posted by 3kills View Post
    the lower farrell has lots of private property and i have been told that access is a problem. alot of farmers only give permission to the guides up there.

lots of private land in that area for sure and as happens elsewhere in the province sometime it takes time to gain landowner permission. there is also a guide outfitter area in farrell creek that takes in lots of private land and some landowners do give permission only to the g/o as a business arrangement. just a fact of life, but there is quite a bit of crown land in the area that you can access with sucess. mostly a matter of doing your homework and putting in the time.

lots of private land in that area for sure and as happens elsewhere in the province sometime it takes time to gain landowner permission. there is also a guide outfitter area in farrell creek that takes in lots of private land and some landowners do give permission only to the g/o as a business arrangement. just a fact of life, but there is quite a bit of crown land in the area that you can access with sucess. mostly a matter of doing your homework and putting in the time.
    it's best to ask a head of time and not with the bull in his field bugling LOL...tried that did not work...bring fish if your from the LML for permission

Quote Originally Posted by afflicted 1 View Post
    Just wondering how the elk hunting on lower Farrell would be out towards Hudson Hope. My concern is whether the elk would be farther up in sept or down above the peace. I've also noticed theres a lot of private land in there, is access an issue. Would I be better off trying the Halfway or Mile 95?
    the upper halfway has a lot more private land and fewer elk than farrel creek.
    Most of the lower Farrel Creek is private land but once you go north and cross the Farrel Creek bridge itself (I think somewhere past 30 km) its mostly crown land (but do not take my word on it). Attempting to hunt before that mark without permission is pretty much asking for trouble.

Private land access is an issue on the lower area. The local guide outfitter ties up most of the land as well as a couple ranchers who only lets the guide and another with his friends hunt as bridger says below.

there is also a guide outfitter area in farrell creek that takes in lots of private land and some landowners do give permission only to the g/o as a business arrangement. .
    Last edited by BCrams; 08-27-2010 at 10:23 AM.