Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't wanna go broke!!!!

Sounds good to me guys, I'll check wholesale sports and see what they have thats affordable, But that definately puts a better perspective on what my options are, and what is out there, Thanks again Guys, the information on this site is phenomenal!!!
    "Never do anything and you'll never make any mistakes." Try!!! and you'll succeed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3killslookin4more
    dont u mean ur a good shot with the .22 at 100 yards...
    Ooops yeah I guess I mean at 100 yrds Thanks Darc LOL(But if you want a comp. shoot @ 200 yrds w .22 Your on!!!!)
    "Never do anything and you'll never make any mistakes." Try!!! and you'll succeed!!!!

if ya really wanna comp lets go it would be fun...i have acatalouge here for whole sale sports too...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

"well going broke was the topic regardless a leupold 2-7x33 VX II is $479.95 at wholesale sports

2-7x32 in a elite 3200 is $319.95 "

Yes, and a 2-7x33 VXI (which I mentioned also) is $339.00 and offers more IMHO (better eye relief, lighter). However, I agree, if not a VXI, it is very hard to beat the Dusk + Dawn Banner series from Bushnell (on a light recoiler like the 260)

StoneChaser

Something simple like a fixed 4x or 6x would be good choice too. I am impressed with the Weaver K6 (fixed 6x38mm). Very bright scope, just as bright as a Burris FullField II ($450), and noticeably brighter than a Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000/3200 ($300-340). The Weaver costs $250, and looks great too.

Just a thought. Don't overlook the Weaver scopes, either the fixed 4x & 6x, or the V series, 3-9x38mm's. They are quite light too, the K6 weighs 11 ozs.

Good choice of cartridge and rifle, Dewey is a smart man.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

scopes

Another place worth looking at is Klondike arms in Edmonton Alberta. I picked up my VX1 Gloss 3x9x40 for $330 (about $40 cheaper than wholesale with twice the service, mounted and bore sighted at no cost) It has all the ruggedness and accuracy of the more expensive scopes (Life Time Warranty) but tought and ...less expensive.

when I was in the market for a new scope I was split between the VX1 & VX2 ($100 difference) The main advantage of the VX2 is click windage adj for target shooting and long range shooting.

For huntin I would highly recomend the leopold VX1

Thanks Firebird, I'm new at this whole thing and every bit of information helps me a whole lot, and I agree with ya on the dewey part!

Hope you got my PM. Bushnell 3200 Elite, Bausch&Lomb or Tasco EXP on e-Bay. Good Luck. Puppy.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.

I agree with one of bone's earlier comments. I have a 50mm scope and I get about 30-40 mins more hunting at either end of the day, than my hunting partner with a 40mm.

If you want to order from a good catalog/mail order outfit, check out Russell Sports in Calgary instead. Their whole catalog is on their website in sections too. I find their prices to be the same or better than Wholsale, and the people there are good. Talk to Glenn. The last time I was in, he told me many of their catalog prices are higher than the actual current price due to the strength of the dollar. Call for pricing.

The guys at Wholsale are assholes for the most part.

Just my 2 cents.