Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yehawww!

Yehawww!

To all those heading on opening day this Wednesday have fun and straight shootin!!! I know I will be high in a tree in my opening day spot - can't wait!!
    Gone Trad....

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Yehawww!

Good luck to you. Hope you get a nice velvet buck.

good luck...which direction are you heading??
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

Yep that is the plan man!!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Bow Walker Guest

What with the heat of the last few weeks, I haven't been noticing deer where they normally have been seen. I suspect that they've gone nocturnal.

Good luck with the filling-to-full moon and the clear skys that are happening now. Gotta be set up real early.

Direction heading? Backyard!! Lots of scouting and tree prep in January I am hoping will put me in good position come Wednesday. Planning on being in my tree no later then 4am Dan, was wondering how the full moon would affect deer movement, figured it would make them more active through out the night.

Getting seriously pumped for opening day, would love to be posting pictures to help fire guys up even more! Hunt hard everyone!
    Gone Trad....

Looking to put a doe in the freezer first, but that all depends on what steps out, nice to have the option in a doe/buck area, just improves the odds you do get to let one fly!
    Gone Trad....

I'll be out 1st light. Don't know where I'm going but there ain't no sence being late.

Bow Walker Guest

I think you're right Slugman, about the deer being more active at night because of the full moon. They'll be feeding and moving all night long. It's like daylight to them.

Set up some new tree stands last week, over some good lookin trails. I know where they are feedin and beddin. I'm set up close to the feedin. I'm all tuned and practiced. Haven't shot this well since I gave up the wheels. Can't wait. I am ready to go. Good luck to everyone.