Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gun Dog Training

Re: Gun Dog Training

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    HL that hits the nail right on the proverbial head I agree, I learned my basics as a kid from my family members then have built on it ever since, M gramps used to say "You can learn something from everyone even the village idiot, even if the only thing you learn from him is you don't want to be like hi". What I know for sure is if you have tunnel vision when it comes to dog training only the dog looses in the end, they are all individuals and their training must be approached as such...............sorry if I'm "stroking" you lol

We agree, have mostly the same thoughts about training as I have read in your posts. Stroking, it isn't, agreeing, it is. Keep up the great informative dog posts, many novice and experienced leave here with another way to get the job done.................................
    Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing

Verein Deutsch Drahthaar Group Canada

(Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend)

this goes to foxton,s character and his dogs.jim is not hard on his dogs and uses an e collar as his last resort ,mostly he just plain out smarts then. I have had the pleasure of hunting over his dogs and am ordering a pup from his next litter I was so impressed..i will not speak to the training debate all I can say is the man has a great respect for his dogs and treats them like family...dale.
    Last edited by fowl language; 01-26-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

I whole heartedly agree with you sir. I however can comment to his ability as a trainer as he did some work on my spaniel pup when I was laid up with hip surgery. He is an old school trainer who produces results in a calm quiet manor. I would cretainly recomend him to anyone with confidence.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by bopper View Post
    I am always available to conduct gun dog training classes, either in the North Okanagan or any location where there is enough interest...
    what would the price and course content be? There's so much to learn, but I'm definitely interested. I'm assuming people would have to have some foundation? Unless you'd be doing a true blue beginner course.