Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mcdonald creek

Re: Mcdonald creek

Hunt were the guide,s hunt mc,donald to the churchill and down to delano creek hell that,s were stone mountain sell ,s b.c residence hunt,s every year at the sheep show for lot,s of $ . And if you don,t find sheep there north or south of the hiway . good luck and be patient

Hey, leave Stone Mtn Safaris alone!

I didn't see a single hunter on my stone sheep hunt last year. Didn't see any sheep either. Hmmm.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

It seems to me sheep newbie just reeled in some HBCers. Strange first post I think.

Thank you all for your comments. as you could guess from the name I chose for myself in this forum, I'm new to this and am here to learn. If you look at a thread called wokkpash sheep there is a very long discussion about how good or bad this trail is. And I believed in those comments and took my peek. My intention of posting this was to give my true observation about my 4 day trip and learn from those who hunted in this area.

Sheep Newb,

Use the search threads on sheep hunting, gear and other related topics. By reading All these articles you will learn that the guys have invested serious time, money and most of all a lot of LEG work to find so called sheep areas. I can assure you that there is no place anywhere there is sheep that is without resident hunters or guide outfitters in this province You may get lucky time to time and have the area to yourself but there will always be someone there before you or after you. MacDonald is easy access and is why it's crowded. 4 days is not enough in my opinion unless you have an area already picked out, your in there before opener and sheep are there opening day Oh btw sheep hunters are extremely good exaggerators and should not be taken to seriously on the areas mentioned

Good on ya for taking the plunge with little or no experience it's how most of us have done it and most of us are still working hard on getting that First Ram.

Good luck

W.
    Never Mind The Bullshit !!!!!

I went in there for 8 days this year in Sept. Never saw a soul, but the place had been pounded during opener judging by the boot and horse tracks up every side valley. Saw a few sheep, nothing legal but they're in there for sure. For a first timer I think it's a relatively good place to start. You'll get eyes on sheep, the hike is relatively easy and odds aren't all that bad. I would avoid the rush and go later in the season though.

Any Caribou in there guys?

McDonald, Wokpash, Dunedin, 4, 8 mile Creek s, Nondo, Racing, Snake, Back of Stone and Muncho.

They all hold Sheep.

You have to work hard, get away from the crowds.

Many walk past hidden holding spots, lots of Rams are timber sheep, others prefer the wide open.

Extensive hard work pays off
    Last edited by Imdone; 06-04-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    Any Caribou in there guys?
    Definitely caribou. Only spent a couple/three trips in there that I can remember off the top of my head, but we always saw 'bou.
    Saw exactly 0 legal caribou, but I was only ever in there in August, not during the rut.