Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mcdonald creek

Re: Mcdonald creek

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Definitely caribou. Only spent a couple/three trips in there that I can remember off the top of my head, but we always saw 'bou.
    Saw exactly 0 legal caribou, but I was only ever in there in August, not during the rut.

Thank You, yes seeing LEGAL bou anywhere is tough, but seeing bou at all is a good start, lol

So what’s the deal with leaving your vehicle off the Hwy or up a side road to go sheep hunting. Has anyone had their vehicle damaged, or is there any concern?

I talked to a guy who would just pull 20 feet off the highway and head into the hills for 2 weeks, he never had problems..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Good to know, Thanks!!!

Bring a trail cam and set it up pointing toward your truck in a hidden spot, ive done that, but never got anyone messing with anything

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Bring a trail cam and set it up pointing toward your truck in a hidden spot, ive done that, but never got anyone messing with anything
    Great Idea
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pushbush View Post
    So what’s the deal with leaving your vehicle off the Hwy or up a side road to go sheep hunting. Has anyone had their vehicle damaged, or is there any concern?
    went up sheep hunting and parked right in the ditch off the highway, week later came out and somebody took my buddy’s fuel! (They did leave a note saying they would pay back) he never called. But never any damage.
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

Lots of caribou in there but not many legal bulls, but there are some if you're willing to pack them out that far.