Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peep sight adjustment

Peep sight adjustment

I put a G5 Meta peep sight on my bow the other day at Tims Archery in Chase, this was to replace my tubing sight(or whatever its called). Anyway, I needed to do some adjustments at the range today because my arrow wasnt sitting true so I slid my D-loop down a hair but know my rear sight is not lining up. wondering what the procedure is for fixing it. Thanks, Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Peep sight adjustment

rear sight ...meaning peep ...?

chances are your d-loop is real fricken tight and twisted on the string slightly .... so when you draw the original twist is off by close to 1/4 turn

I personally would take the loop off or loosen it and reinstall .....However I am willing to bet that you dont have that many twists in your string .... probally about 4 or 5 rotations over the whole length ... I put a few more in to totally lock the peep in place when you draw the bow ... more twists usually means the peep wont twist as its drawn ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I had no problem with the peep untill I adjusted the D-loop, and yes it was on there tight.

Bow Walker Guest

Any time you adjust stuff that's on the string by sliding it up or down - even just a bit - you're twisting the string a bit more and screwing with the alignment of things like peeps and d-loops.

Slide your peep up or down and it alters the string so that now your d-loop is out of kilter and will likely twist the peep out of true when you're at full draw.

BZM has the right advice - loosen up on the d-loop before you change its position, and adding a few twists to the string is a good thing to do because after a few hundred shots your string will relax quite a bit.

Hopefully you have a bow press (or access to one) and you can do the adjustments easily.

Ill play with it tonight. I can see where having a press would be very handy! Thanks Rob

Bow Walker Guest

This is one of the best investments that you can make if you plan on doing any of your own bow maintenance.

Great idea. $45 through Cabelas isnt to bad either. Although another $45 for a split limb bow. Definitely will come in handy. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Great idea. $45 through Cabelas isnt to bad either. Although another $45 for a split limb bow. Definitely will come in handy. Rob

Rob, and other past-parallel limb bow owners. CHECK your manual for warranty coverage before using any press.You may not use the Bowmaster press on the Bow Madness, or your limb warranty is void.
    I have a Bowmaster that works well on my Mathews Drenalin. I also have a home made version of the Ratchet-Loc press. Neither works on my Bow Madness.You can buy a new adapter for past-parallel limb bows, [ not to be confused with the split limb adapter pictured above] but PSE's website warns specifically against using it.
    But it's your bow and your business
    I finally just built a linear press to cover it all.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Rob,

Ambush is right, PSE X-Force bows are not recommended for portable presses like the bowmaster (even with the split limb adapter). When he goes into business selling his linear press I will be in line for one. (hint hint)

For minor string work or changing a string (but not cables) on the X-Force bows you can get PSE's pocket press, which is really a cable with hooks on the end and two harnesses that attach to the cams, and it holds your bow in a slight draw so you can work with the string. It is cheap and well worth the $$ for things like you wan to do.
    Check it out as there are two different models for different bow lengths.

Cheers
    All the good lines are already taken

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

Rob, and other past-parallel limb bow owners. CHECK your manual for warranty coverage before using any press.You may not use the Bowmaster press on the Bow Madness, or your limb warranty is void.
    I have a Bowmaster that works well on my Mathews Drenalin. I also have a home made version of the Ratchet-Loc press. Neither works on my Bow Madness.You can buy a new adapter for past-parallel limb bows, [ not to be confused with the split limb adapter pictured above] but PSE's website warns specifically against using it.
    But it's your bow and your business
    I finally just built a linear press to cover it all.
    Thanks for the heads-up! P.S How do you like the bow madness?