Re: 7mm mag ?????

i had a look at the stevens 200
    all the you tube reviews were good

update
    i went with the stevens 200
    with a vortex scope

Do not cheap out on your 7 em em. Save your bucks until you can afford a good one. You will live to regret the purchase of a cheap rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by aironly View Post
    update
    i went with the stevens 200
    with a vortex scope
    That my friend is likely going to be an excellent example of a quality, budget rifle and optics (what Vortex did you get...I hope you went with Diamondback or up, the Crossfire really is meant for rimfire or smaller calibre centrefire, not a 7mm mag, and the dealer should have told you so). About the only thing I would do is replace the hockey puck on the back with a decent recoil pad...it will be a good rifle, of that I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnester View Post
    Do not cheap out on your 7 em em. Save your bucks until you can afford a good one. You will live to regret the purchase of a cheap rifle.
    I bet there are far more people who lived to regret parting with a thousand bucks fan an unrefined piece of shit that shoots like a shotgun because of the name the rifle wears, as opposed to people who regret buying a Stevens 200....it's not pretty but it's s decent rifle, certainly acceptable for someone with a budget in mind and fairly accurate if you do your job.
    Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
    Support www.residentpriority.ca

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

Take a look at the Weatherby Vanguard SUB-MOA. This rifle is guaranteed to shoot less than a 1 inch group at 100 yards. I do believe it has a 24inch barrel, pillar bedded, raised cheek piece. Comes equipped with a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad and holds 3+1 shells. I don't think you will find a out of the box rifle that will shoot better than this. The cost is around a grand for a blued model and around $1150 for stainless

So far I'm very happy with my Steven's... at this price range, I'm not as worried about scratching it. I've been out hunting in the rain with no worries. I did have one misfire but I blame that on the ammo I used.

Savage makes good quality for the price. Any savage i've come across i've been a fan. And I plan on my next rifle being a savage. I heard a rumor that some Remmys have been having problems with coming apart when firing possibly hurting the person behind the gun, not sure if that's true or not tho...