Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Management Units and Forestry Roads

Re: Management Units and Forestry Roads

Many Thanks Slinky! I appreciate it!

Did I say thanks?????????

R

Thanks for another addition to GoogleEarth.

There are a lot of things you can do with it.

This is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I love it. When the vote comes up for sainthood, you're in for sure. Thanks a million.

Thanks a lot

Thanks a bunch Slinky Pickle, thats going to be a big help this year. tried other things but didn't work this good.

TurtleGod

Works Great! That said. I used it yesterdat with no problem now today theres a giant Red "x" across where ever i look at...Could be a problem
    keep your nose in the wind, eyes along the skyline

thanks a-l-o-t, it really helped
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

Quote Originally Posted by slashhunter View Post
    Works Great! That said. I used it yesterdat with no problem now today theres a giant Red "x" across where ever i look at...Could be a problem
    The Google Earth file links to a B.C. government website to pull the management unit and road data from each time. A big red X indicates that their server is unavaliable at that time. Although it happens every once in a while, they usually get it back up and running pretty quickly.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Hey SP what source did you use to find this file in the first place? I wanted to pass it along to a buddy but couldn't find it through normal means.
    I sent him your link!! Thanks Sir.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Hey SP what source did you use to find this file in the first place? I wanted to pass it along to a buddy but couldn't find it through normal means.
    I sent him your link!! Thanks Sir.
    The file I used was one that the governemt used to offer on their GEO BC website. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to find the same file through their current offerings. The main difference between the old one and the new one is that the old supports the outlined MU with the numbers on them. The new one just supports the shaded version.

For the current MU data go to this site http://archive.ilmb.gov.bc.ca/dm/wms/index.html and then download the last file in the list. The forest road data is on the same site but is found in the "Licenses and Permits" file.

Also, it looks like their whole file server is down right now so none of the info is coming through. I would guess that it should be back up some time today.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.