Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Princeton Duck Hunting?

Question Princeton Duck Hunting?

Hi,

I am new to hunting and am very interested in duck hunting. I recently bought a 12 ga Remington 887 Nitro Mag. I love it. I have already put 200 rounds through it in the past month. We were practicing skeet. I was hitting at least 4/5 in each turn by the end of the day. Went again last weekend with similar luck.

I have read up lots about Pitt Marsh and will be sure to give it a shot this fall. I will be heading out there to scout spots by the end of summer.

I looked through out all the posts but couldn't find anything about duck hunting in the princeton area. Gfs family bought a cabin in the area and I am interested to see if there is any good duck hunting close by. Or if it is even worth it. Maybe the elevation is to high??? Not a Migratory flight path?? Who knows?

If anyone out there has some suggestions that would be great.

D

Young, Dumb, and Ready for some Fun.....that's how it goes right?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Princeton Duck Hunting?

I dont think there is in Princeton

gimme a shout when the season opens here if you wanna go out for a day

DMAN... you have to tell a joke before you can ask a question.
    M.Dean
    Real hunters have no friends! Alls we want from you is where you seen the big buck last year! We don't care about your dog or what you do for a living or how you bake a bloody pie from scratch! Where did you see the buck, Buddy! We don't watch Oprah or shower at a 10 day hunting camp, we eat pork and beans with the knife we gut Deer with,we blow our nose with our fingers and the Regs are used for Toilet Paper! Friends, Ha, isn't that a TV show for Girlie Men???

Quote Originally Posted by shadow1982 View Post
    DMAN... you have to tell a joke before you can ask a question.
    No you dont.

And Dman009 check out all the potholes and lakes around. Small boat could be helpful or just walk around the shore. You're bound to find something. Alot of ducks and geese go inland to nest up on those lakes during the summer, from there northwards. And you may get lucky and get them before the migrate elsewhere early enough in the season.

if i was spending any time in princeton i would be looking for deer instead.just my two cents

There will definitely be some deer time spent up there pnbrock! I already have some friends that are going to help me with that up there. But I am a little more interested in the waterfowl hunting as it is or I believe it is cheaper compared to getting a deer butchered. I am still a student at BCIT. In my last year so by next fall I will be looking forward to harvesting a deer. And spending a little more into it.

Shadow I will come up with a joke for you.

Crazy farmer. Thanks for the support. Nice shut down. By the sounds of it you are suggesting stalking the ducks. Or should I try calling them in? As much as I love sitting by water I don't like wasting my time.

D
    what he is talking about is the "Spot and stalk" .....i think!
    any way find a few ponds and sneak in to them with binos. When you see birds try to stalk them. There smarter than you think though. Just make sure you have a means of recovery. Boat, float tube whatever. Do not expect them do die in wader deep water. As well as try to shoot them when they get up as apposed to hitting them on the water. Their wings are like sheilds, its amazing how they can deflect pellets.

Keep your shots to below 40yds and pattern your gun.
    Good luck! when it all clicks its a riot

are you serious?...

"Their wings are like sheilds, its amazing how they can deflect pellets"

Bullet proof, or should I say Shot proof waterfowl

835 get off that PC and go for a walk!!
    I can see I've got my work cut out for me this fall
    Cheers, Field Marshal.