Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Lake Fishing

Timothy Lake Fishing

Going there first week in August. Just wondering if anyone has any fishing tips. I've never fished here before. Also anything worth seeing in the area?

Cheers
    Stefan

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Timothy Lake Fishing

There is a small lake on the right that you will drive right past just before you get to Timothy Lake (Greeny Lk.). If Timothy isn't producing or is too busy with water skiers etc. , check out Greeny. Also up the back road to Timothy Mountain you will find Fly Lk, also good for lots of little trout. You could check this one out on your way up to the fire watch station .. which is kinda the only thing worth driving around to see while you're in that neighbourhood. If you don't mind the back roads (gravel) , you could check out Helena Lk. (behind Lac La Hache), or you could take a longer drive and head out to see the Mahood and Canim/Hendrix falls, they are both nice but about an hour drive from 100 Mile.

Thanks a lot TPK. Yes I have been to Canim Falls before, they are truly beautiful. I will keep Fly lake and Greeny Lake in mind if the fishing isn't good at Timothy. I will have my dirtbike with me so accessing areas isn't too much of a problem.

Do you know if there are any Gravel Pitts near Timothy and if there are any whitetails in the area aswell?

I fished Fly Lake a couple of weeks ago. Pretty little lake. No problem getting fish. They are not monsters but lots of fun. Try working the lily pads with a nymph.

Thanks again. I will be taking the fly rod with me but I like to troll mostly when fishing.

I fished Greeny and Fly lake three weeks ago and had a blast. nothing huge but fly lake was really consistent. Timothy was really windy. Does anyone know who owns the cabin on Fly Lake?

Great lake to fish. Like said before never saw monster fish pulled out but a good lake to have fun and fish good luck and pics

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    or you could take a longer drive and head out to see the Mahood and Canim/Hendrix falls, they are both nice but about an hour drive from 100 Mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillclimber View Post
    I have been to Canim Falls before, they are truly beautiful.
    You guys are making me "homesick", I grew up 3 minutes drive before the falls, and this is the first year I haven't been back as the family property has been sold.

I can't help you out with Timothy as I haven't fished there either, but if you feel like checking out Howard Lk or Lorin (AKA Airplane) Lk, P.M. me for some "local" knowledge.
    Pretend hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    You guys are making me "homesick", I grew up 3 minutes drive before the falls, and this is the first year I haven't been back as the family property has been sold.

I can't help you out with Timothy as I haven't fished there either, but if you feel like checking out Howard Lk or Lorin (AKA Airplane) Lk, P.M. me for some "local" knowledge.
    I'm in the same boat as you sort of. Can't visit our family cabin on Sheridan because theres lots of bs goin on right now in the family and it would be the first time in my life that I hadn't been there in the summer.

We won't be going to Howard I can tell you that right now. My dad has seen some weird things while fishing there.

My sister used to own the property around Fly Lake...where the new cabin is there now, there used to be an old hunters cabin. I remeber going there often as a child for family fishing derbys...It was a remote Lake in those days...just a clearing with 2 ruts in the road.
    That place is very special to me...last year my sister died and her daughter and I took her ashes back to the place she loved.
    We always had good luck fishing there.