Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Lake Fishing

Re: Timothy Lake Fishing

Okay, we've been going to Timothy for years, the fishing will suck in August, someone might as well tell you straight up, lots of squaw fish or should I say coarse fish.

You are best of to go to a higher elevation lake, or another I believe it's called Duck Lake, its a lake thats connected to Timothy by a narrow channel near the east end.

If you are staying at Timothy bring a ski boat, you'll have more fun if you know what I mean.
    Best of luck!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Okay, we've been going to Timothy for years, the fishing will suck in August, someone might as well tell you straight up, lots of squaw fish or should I say coarse fish.

You are best of to go to a higher elevation lake, or another I believe it's called Duck Lake, its a lake thats connected to Timothy by a narrow channel near the east end.

If you are staying at Timothy bring a ski boat, you'll have more fun if you know what I mean.
    Best of luck!
    Thanks for the heads up. Are you thinking of Dempsey lake instead of Duck lake or Sneezie lake?

The only boat I got is a 14ft aluminum with a kicker on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by hillclimber View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Are you thinking of Dempsey lake instead of Duck lake or Sneezie lake?

The only boat I got is a 14ft aluminum with a kicker on the back.
    Pretty sure it was Duck but the 14 should make it through, depends on the growth around the channel.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I'm pretty sure it's Dempsey (at least on the maps), though the locals may call it Duck.

OK thanks guys. If the fishing isn't too good on Timothy I will try to make it to Duck Lake and will also give Fly Lake and other lakes nearby a go.

Quote Originally Posted by hillclimber View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you sort of. Can't visit our family cabin on Sheridan because theres lots of bs goin on right now in the family and it would be the first time in my life that I hadn't been there in the summer.

We won't be going to Howard I can tell you that right now. My dad has seen some weird things while fishing there.
    Locals. It's all good.

One lake to try would be Helana as someone mentioned earlier, tell you when it's on you'll know! Theres some bangers in that lake!

Don't get me wrong there is fish in Timothy, just a tougher fishery.

Well I had a great trip I must say. Spent 3 weeks total in the Cariboo and did lots of dirtbiking and fishing. Tried fishing Timothy but didn't even get a bite and we fished some other lakes and caught shitloads of fish. Will try go get pics and story up sometime soon.

I think the cabin is owned by "The Hills" health ranch at 108 mile

Bringing back this thread...is this a good area for deer? Fishing decent in the fall?