Thread: Start of the 2010/2011 season finally.

Start of the 2010/2011 season finally.

Had the first geese on the ground at 620. A little eariler then they came the morning before watching them. O well Matts fanatical so we were ready to go at 530 lol. They came real tight in stacked after eachother yesterday so it didnt look good for shooting into alot of different flocks. But they slowed their pace today and it made for good shooting at each flock as they came.

Some nice whitecheeks in there

A little action shot. I had to drop the gun for the camera when a pair came in. The first was already shot and this one didnt quite make it. Notice the feather detail. Sorry for the blurred picture though

And finally, sh*t happens.... not sure how but I know it can happen when a call get inbetween your arm and gun when you shoot or even get whacked by the bolt when it slammed backwards after firing a shot. Its my new Jagged Edge Goose call haha. Still works but its been my go to honker call for a few years now. Gonna retire the Shawn Stahl SS2 to the mantel I think.

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 09-06-2010 at 08:33 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Start of the 2010/2011 season finally.

Good start to the season Adam, we only managed 7 this am. That NW wind really screwed us up. One of the birds had a band that reads J. Ross 79 with the number 20. Any ideas? K

Kelly, you shot J. Ross's pet goose

Little johnny jr. is gonna be all sad when he finds out his best friend number 20 is dead haha. Good job though K.

Ya, we had a few chuckles over that one. I've never seen a band like it though and the bird was an old skinny thing with a really graying face. Any idea where you'd find out any info on this band, other than Ole Farmer Ross's? K

Well done adam! Looks like a blast.

Hey Guys, sorry totally missed this thread. To busy posting up my video on mine I guess.

Nice mess of birds for sure. Glad everyone is getting into them it's not like we've got a shortage of resident birds.

Good shooting.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Good stuff!! .....Well except the busted up call

Yep, I went to call after a flock came in and we shot into them and thought What the hell, never even found the pieces but I think it smashed into a hundred pieces probably. Good thing a got a bit of a collection so its been replaced with another call already.