Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: advice on arrows

Re: advice on arrows

Isn't it called duracona? The carbon arrows are way more durable. They do not bend, dent or any of that other nast stuff. I have also missed quite a few targets and they hold up extremely well. The only time I have destroyed an arrow was when i shot it into my target frame. In addition, the way archery is going, aluminum arrows will be harder to come by as stock purchases from retailers.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

i think he means dono-cono board and it makes a great butte. Arrows are one thing you get what you pay for. Alum. shafts are to exspensive for me to shoot cause they bend. I have broken very few goldtips only when they get hit with another arrow. A good carbon shaft can take a glanceing blow were an alum can`t nether can take a brick wall. Huntwriter you must be the best shot or you only shoot in real save places.

Quote Originally Posted by bsa30-06
    He's right guys it makes good target material they use it at the indoor range beside boormans.
    I still have no clue, blessed are the meek, but If you say so I will belive it.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

i believe the name of the material he is talking about is called donacona board ( my spelling might be wrong) but it does work real well.

Smile Re: advice on arrows

Endtimerwithabow. At our club we use the shink wrap that is used to wrap stock that is on pallets. We get it from grocery stores or liquor stores. When stuffed into a coffee bean sack and compressed they last a long time and get no pass throughs. Also your arrows are easily pulled out.
    Also, if you are new to bowhunting I suggest taking the IBEP course if it is available in your area.

ok guys i googled it and it is spelled donacona and it is made of compressed sawdust( it is real similar to t-bar cieling tiles)

Quote Originally Posted by bsa30-06
    ok guys i googled it and it is spelled donacona and it is made of compressed sawdust( it is real similar to t-bar cieling tiles)
    Isn't that a bit hard for arrows?
    All I use are the commerical target blocks, McKenzy Deer and the odd straw bale. So I have no clue as to other materials.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I thought it was made from somewhat compressed paper. In any event, if it is layered on it's side it is not in the least hard on arrows and they are quite easy to extract. Well at least the aluminum ones are, I don't use carbons. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

they are refferring to "donna conna" (not sure on the spelling) when made right they are a B*TCH to pull arrows from but last quite well. Its kind of like soft, flexible particle board sheets compressed together.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

I was shooting into that crap last weekend and it took two of us to pull my arrows out. Don't know if soap would even help.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!