Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: advice on arrows

Re: advice on arrows

I use GT 5575 XT. If you are looking for GT arrows give Ted a call at T&F Country Sports in Prince George. He is a Lic Hoyt dealer and his prices are the same as Heartland/National Archery. His # is 250-961-3083.

I also use bags stuffed with wrap and I also use "The Block". Both work great.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to give their oppinion about arrows I am going to give carbon a try. I have a buddy who sells bows and makes arrows in his basement (good deals on both). I am going to order 12 and maybe even a new bow.

thank Doug

happy easter and remember jesus saves!

adam moleski Guest

I used to only shoot aluminums and five years ago I decided to shoot carbon. I will never go back. they are always strait, way tougher and get great penitration ( not as good as a heavy aluminum, but good enough) the key is to shoot heavy carbons, which means there expensive but worth it. I shoot a beman 340 carbon hunter, and there awsome! heavy arrows fly better and penetrate better. just to confirm arguments I shot a moose with carbons at 58 yards arrow went right through him. shot a goat at 20 yards from the front, arrow went into his chest and out his butt and landed on the rocks and its still in my quiver today with a new broadhead of course! Thats the impresive ones, but I have more too. the key is though is you have to shoot a drop -away rest with carbons of else you will have trouble gettin fletch clearence with the small diameter and your arrows wont fly good. get a drop away and tight helical fletch heavy carbons and you will never go back. oh yeah and shoot a light broadhead that still has a good cutting diameter to balance your arrow! I shoot 85 grain thunder heads. thanks

With my bow i shoot 65-75 carbon express arrows and have yet to break them i have used the same arrows for years now and i have hit rocks logs and all sorts but haven't broke one yet my groups with alluminums and 4 shots is 4-5 inches with carbons my groups are very tight the only thing i have broke on my carbons are the noks so i would suggest carbon arrows to everybody they are a great buy though they are a bit more expensive than alluminums depending on the type of carbon arrows you buy i have been shooting for over 20 years and i switched to carbons about ten years ago and never had a problem with them!!!