Thread: 09 Polaris 800 sportsman

09 Polaris 800 sportsman

Ok guys & gals. I'm a quad owner finally.

How to set it up.

These machines have a "lock n ride" system. Do I only buy made for polaris stuff? Rear seat, front and rear racks. How about winches and hand warmers? Will any winch just plug into a polaris harness or do I have to start mickey mousing the wiring system. Same goes for hand/thumb warmer.

Comes with plastic A-arm guards, do I get metal ones? Seems to have some kind of factory skid plate. Will any brand just bolt right on.

Same for front and rear bush guards and handle guards. Will any after market stuff do, or do I stick with OEM stuff.

Thanks
    Lean it on your trailer hitch and whack it with any hammer you have. That usually knocks the front ramp off so you can then work on the sight easier. The stripped or broken screws can be dealt with later. Gun Tech

there was bright white light just in front of me and I was pretty sure my dead grandmother was standing there with a glass of milk and some home made cookies. Steve W

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 09 Polaris 800 sportsman

You don't have to buy factory parts, you should let price and quality determine your decision.

I only have the plastic ones on my polaris, it could use more protection directly under the cv boots, but in 9 years I haven't really had much problem with it, the bottom of my polaris is all steel much like a built in skid plate already.

Buy what has the best price. Winches come with their own wiring. Polaris has some good accessories but they are expensive. Check the classifieds too.

Polaris Acc will be easier to put on. They are way cheaper in the states. I got my bumpers from E-Bay and even with shipping, two was for what they wanted for one here. Problem is most won't ship here. But there is Ship Happens.

the aftermarket world for atv's is huge, royal distributing etc. just like vehicles, aftermarket is cheaper and works well.

Congrats on the purchase! i would stick to the plastic A-Arm guards as you will hit a lot of "things" in your travels and metal would only be harder to "bend back".
    As for the after market handle warmers, they are great except for the switch-they tend to screw up more often than not, get a good switch.
    Wiring your winch is easy. splice the wire to the 12v plug and your off!
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!