Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World record legal Black Bear

Re: World record legal Black Bear

believe the world record was a blackie from manitoba harvested by fender and grill wieghed approx 900 lbs
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound
    And unban me June16th I suppose.
    OK so I jealous, I'll admit it you lucky SOB !!! Hey where's all our pepperoni anyway????
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by 000buck
    believe the world record was a blackie from manitoba harvested by fender and grill wieghed approx 900 lbs
    I just e-mailed by Dad to see if he has pics. I know he has a huge pic of it in the basement, but he is the Chief Scientific Biologist (or something like that) for the DNR in MB and he did the 'post mortem" on it. The picture he has of it is on a flatbed trailer; it's huge and I forget the weight but it was in the ~900lb range. Hopefully he has a digi pic of it......and you are correct....he was harvested with a fender.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy
    I just e-mailed by Dad to see if he has pics. I know he has a huge pic of it in the basement, but he is the Chief Scientific Biologist (or something like that) for the DNR in MB and he did the 'post mortem" on it. The picture he has of it is on a flatbed trailer; it's huge and I forget the weight but it was in the ~900lb range. Hopefully he has a digi pic of it......and you are correct....he was harvested with a fender.
    A pic of this guy would be great. And the fender? Ford, chevy, import?

I found this

What is the record weight of an American black bear?
    The world record weight for an American black bear is 880 pounds. This was the recorded weight of a 10.75 year-old male bear shot in North Carolina in November 1998.

A black bear was hit and killed by a car near Winnipeg Canada, in 2001. The official recorded weight was 856.5 pounds, but it is estimated that the live weight of this large male was more than 886 pounds. The driver was not injured and there appeared to be little damage to the Mazda.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound
    And unban me June16th I suppose.
    Man, he is as quick as he is lucky! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

brown nose big ears i think that pic is of a diffrent bear every one knows that the big bears have little ears and a black nose...
    ttyal
    Riley
    There is room for all gods creatures........ right next to the mashed potatoes
    its better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

My Dad doesn't have "digi-pics" of the big one from MB, but he is digging through his mountains of slides and negatives to get one to scan so I can post it up.

Weight as measured after it was hit........886.5 lbs.......through studies using a rough average of how much weight a MB bear puts on per day between the time it comes out of the den right through to when it dens up.....by mid-October which is about right for the area in which it was living......it would have gone into the den at probably about 1,000lbs!!