Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kifaru gunbearer for MR NICE 6500

Re: Kifaru gunbearer for MR NICE 6500

This was my first trip wiht the gunbearer. It's not a toy!

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thanks for the info guys.

I just strap my rifle (.270 tikka) to the side of my MR 6500 using the existing side straps (there are 3 straps plus a "water bottle" pocket that you can stick the butt into)

Pros:

-Stays secure
    -Out of the way

Cons:

- cannot remove quickly
    - hard to sit down with your pack on (which could be fixed by not stuffing the rifle butt into the water bottle pocket and just using the straps)

Carl
    Last edited by bigwhiteys; 07-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

I tried the gunbearer last fall and the top strap lasted about 30 minutes. All the stitching came out and tore within minutes. I have re-enforced everything this winter so maybe it will hold. I liked the way it worked for the few minutes it lasted. Maybe I got a dud as most of their products are top notch.

Devilbear Guest

I have had several issues like that with Kifaru products since my first, they are not what I consider "topnotch" in quality of manufacture. I always reinforce mine and use a little "safety strap" rig I made up and that seems to solve the problem.

Every maker can have a dud slip by QC, but, I have had major sewing issues with Kifaru and the replacements were slow. MY choices for "best" in dependable quality and ruggedness are Mystery Ranch, Hilleberg and Integral Designs, with MR service being THE "best", Hilleberg also excellent and ID being variable, but, the gear is so fine and stout that you don't really need to worry about it.

I will now only buy used Kifaru gear as my first large pack, one of my tipis and a couple smaller items were defective and, at their prices, this should not be.