Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru gunbearer for MR NICE 6500

Kifaru gunbearer for MR NICE 6500

I'm thinking of getting the universal gunbearer for my Mystery Ranch 6500. Would appreciate your feed back if you have tried it and what size gunbearer fits the MR pack.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kifaru gunbearer for MR NICE 6500

I've got one for my 6500 pack, works pretty good.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I have a Kirafu and I have used it on my Tatonka and Wilderness Wanderer. I like the quick draw action. Some people complain about it hanging out from the front of the pack, it does not bother me. I would recommend it.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC

I use one on a Crewcab, takes a little fiddling but found they work best when attached further back on your waist belt.

Do rifles not strap easily to the 6500? I had the impression that packing a rifle on it was not a problem....can anyone post photos of their MR packs with rifle on board?
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Devilbear Guest

I first posted on this when guys here started PMing me asking about the MR packs, especially the NICE 6500 combo. Here is what you do, buy the Combat Gunbearer with the LARGE universal waistbelt attachment strap and put it as far back on your packbelt as you can. Get some spare topstraps and I have an emerg. keeper for each of mine in addition, just in case.

It takes time, but, I find this about the best way to carry a rifle on a pack I have ever tried and I recommend it highly.

The MR NICE-6500 plus added Longpockets and other pockets is the single best pack I have ever had and is the most versatile for guys who want one to do it all.

I just ordered their Hunting gunbearer for my Shockey Yukon pack after watching the Kifaru Gunbearer video on Youtube over and over.My hip belt and chest straps are the same as the Kifaru.If you get a chance to watch the video made by Kifaru and their model fits your setup the Hunter Model that ships with the Kifaru pack is supposed to me a bit more sturdy than the Universal one.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

where can a guy find the gunbearer in the lowermainland?

Is this gunbearer good for serious hiking? I've never used it but highly doubt it. Maybe it's good for a short barrel only?
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

Devilbear Guest

Kifaru products must be ordered directly from them in Colorado.

I don't know what serious hiking is by your standards, but, I often carry one of my Pre-64 Mod, 70 Alaskans in .338WM in a GB when climbing in goat and sheep country in NWBC and in the Kootenays.

I don't care if someone gets one or not, KIfaru gear, like MR, Integral, Hilleberg and Leica is not for everyone just as not everyone hunts remote wilderness fly-in and/or horsepack areas. Don't like it, think it is not what you need, fine, don't buy one!

I do not use mine on the North Shore trails such as Lynn Creek or the GG and seldom need one when carrying a training pack up the Boundary Road hill.