Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammunition

Re: Ammunition

4 or 5 in clip (depending on the pipe I am packing) and 10 on the hip in the flip down leather pouch...

4 in the mag, + 4 more in my pocket+ the remainder of the box in the truck (180gr silvertips in either 30-06 or 308 depending on which one i decide to use)

Im thinkin about carrying 4 in the mag (for the 270) and the rest of the box in my hunting pack.

For shotgun, I carry a 25 round belt.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Depends on what I am doing. For bush defence I usually have the 12ga shell belt loaded(20 or so). Sometimes I might have a couple of hundred 7.62x51's along for fun, with the Weatherby anywhere from 40 to 80, or with the 22 a couple of hundred! Depends on what one is doing for amusement! On the other hand with my old Hawken I have 10 PRB in a speedloading board and a lot of loose RB's. That thing is kinda slow to load but I like it! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Ahh when Im out huntin, I usually have 4 in the mag of my 30-06 and 14 in my belt pouch, and an extra box of 20 in my back pack. With my .22 I usually take about a full box of 50 rounds. Sometimes I stop for lunch or sumthin and do a lil target practising, make sure my scope hasnt gotten bumped or anything.

Usually about a box worth (20). 5 in the mag, 15 in the pouch. If I get in more trouble than that can get me out of, a few more wouldn't have mattered.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

i always have 40 rounds in my back pack as well as 2 loaded clips of 5 and a few loose in my pocket. so i would say 60 308 winchester at a time.
    ttyal
    Riley
    There is room for all gods creatures........ right next to the mashed potatoes
    its better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy-up69
    Ahh when Im out huntin, I usually have 4 in the mag of my 30-06 and 14 in my belt pouch, and an extra box of 20 in my back pack. With my .22 I usually take about a full box of 50 rounds. Sometimes I stop for lunch or sumthin and do a lil target practising, make sure my scope hasnt gotten bumped or anything.
    U JUST GOT UR 22
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

to recount my self with the 30-06 i have like 10 in my pocket 14 in the pouch and a thing of 10 in my bag and with the 7mm its a box of 20 in my bag 2 mags of 3 and 14 in my belt pouch
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

shotgun - 50 rounds for goose/ducks

rifle - 10 or so, sometimes 5
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004