Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrows are kicking out

arrows are kicking out

noticing my arrows have been kicking out to the right. My groups seem ok. Im using a whisker bisket. I also have split 2 arrows just at the nock, using carbon express predator 2 arrows. any thoughts? thanks rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: arrows are kicking out

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    noticing my arrows have been kicking out to the right. My groups seem ok. Im using a whisker bisket. I also have split 2 arrows just at the nock, using carbon express predator 2 arrows. any thoughts? thanks rob

i would check your centershot and to make sure your rest is centered.
    and yes your spine could be off for sure. as stated below.
    Last edited by jessbennett; 06-24-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

whats your arrow length and spine Rob ?

29" and my draw is 26.5. what is the spine?

Rob, I think that those Predator II Carbon Express arrows are too light for the poundage that you are shooting. I suggest that you stop shooting them until you can determine the spine of the arrows.
    Arrow spine is the degree of stiffness. You should not be shooting an arrow of less than 5 grains per pound of draw weight. The bow you have should tell you what the minimum arrow weight should be, that includes arrow head, fletching and inserts. I would think that your bow would have a minimum of 360 grain arrow weight and should be indicated on the label on the lower limb.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Predator II Carbon Express arrows come in 2 series, Model 2040 and 3050.
    The 2040 is meant for bows in the range of 20 to 40# and the 3050 is meant for bows in the 30 to 50 # range. Since you are shooting at 53# and above, either of these models are not suitable for you and can be dangerous. Take them back to who you got them from and request heavier arrows. I would go so far as to say that the person selling you the arrows is negligent if that person recommended those arrows.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Rob, the predator arrows need to be the 4560's in order to get a spine that will work at 53lbs.(they are a bit stiff at 53lbs but it sounds like you will be increasing the weight soon anyway) that is if you are using 100 grain field points and a 29" arrow. You can use the 4560's right up to 63lbs.
    That is according to Archers Advantage and your 26.5 draw.
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

The shaft says its 6075. so according to the website the spine is .344 and 9.7 grs/inch. So my poundage may be too light?

Those arrows are stiff . but i would think your rest is not center . google walk back tuning thats pretty simple way of tuning.

Rob,

You can bring your bow by my shop if you want and I can check it out.

Andy

Right beside the Tenniscourts in Lower NIcola.