Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7A deer regulations

Re: 7A deer regulations

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Antlerless only for youth

thoughts?
    I think you'll be shootin' a flat top.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Bartell you can come here and I will take you out for a flattop.

should it be expected that in a few years the average buck to be a bit larger?
    Nope. Most of the agriculture areas is closed off to hunters anyways so its not like they were getting 'slaughtered' to begin with in the longer season.

Is this a way of saying some folks are trying to make a 'trophy' mecca in marginal fringe habitat? Those MU's are not like the Peace or other areas of BC.

The new restrictions won't make for larger bucks at all. Even with the previous season, big bucks happened when they survived consecutive winters and when you get the bad winters thrown in, short season or long season, they're going to die anyways. So whats the point in having restrictions as such?? Its a joke.

Better off letting people hunt and when the deer numbers crawl up ... let hunters shoot them before they get that cyclic fall down.

Lousy change WTF? What are us old timers with no LEH permits to do? Now it will be tougher to get that nice young, veal-tender buck I've been watching. Rats! I hate useless changes like this one.

should it be expected that in a few years the average buck to be a bit larger?
    Creates fewer big bucks as harvest is focused on 4 pt. Tried it in most of the us in Alberta and BC - results are always the same.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Creates fewer big bucks as harvest is focused on 4 pt. Tried it in most of the us in Alberta and BC - results are always the same.
    Not to mention you'll see lots of massive 2 & 3pts bucks that are verbotten to hammer with your 338federal!!!

8 seasons of a 70/30 split of 4pt/any buck and for 2018-2019 we're now into a 100% 4pt only mule deer season in MU for adult hunters (MU 7-12, 7-13, 7-14, 7-24, 7-25)

Who makes these decisions?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

8 seasons of a 70/30 split of 4pt/any buck and for 2018-2019 we're now into a 100% 4pt only mule deer season in MU for adult hunters (MU 7-12, 7-13, 7-14, 7-24, 7-25)

That's a great question - and on a recent hunt in the 7B we were wondering about some of the regulations that apply up there, and many of the regulations that apply on the MUs that we traveled through on the way back to the Coast.

Having a biology degree (ie: I have some understanding about animal biology, ecology, and cycles of predator/prey), and traveling with my hunting partner who is also a scientist (PhD) - we were baffled by some of the 'seasons' that were permitted, or not permitted.

~John

Maybe a ratio issue like many parts of B.C. hence the 1 md buck rule. I don’t honestly know but I wonder how the choose these rules at times well let other areas slip. 6-04 mule deer are in a lot worse shape the 7-13 yet no changes

Go kill a 4 point..they are 2/3 larger then a fork horn...and just as good table fare.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)