Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another newbie here(Manitoba)

Another newbie here(Manitoba)

Hello from Manitoba folks. I was invited here by Fred. He says there are no members here from Manitoba and maybe you folks would like my imput.
    I am originally from B.C., born and raised in Vancouver, spent 4 yrs stationed in Victoria in the Navy, moved to Smithers in 68, then to Winnipeg in 76.
    I`m mostly a waterfowler, but also hunt big game,upland, and varmints. I reload and love cooking wild meat(always experimenting). Was a member of the Manitoba Pointing Dog Assoc. for 10 yrs. I hunt with BP, rifle, and shotgun, and have sidearms. Hope to hear from you.

Ron
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Another newbie here(Manitoba)

Quote Originally Posted by rbduck
    Hello from Manitoba folks. I was invited here by Fred. He says there are no members here from Manitoba and maybe you folks would like my imput.
    I am originally from B.C., born and raised in Vancouver, spent 4 yrs stationed in Victoria in the Navy, moved to Smithers in 68, then to Winnipeg in 76.
    I`m mostly a waterfowler, but also hunt big game,upland, and varmints. I reload and love cooking wild meat(always experimenting). Was a member of the Manitoba Pointing Dog Assoc. for 10 yrs. I hunt with BP, rifle, and shotgun, and have sidearms. Hope to hear from you.

Ron
    Welcome to the forum Ron......I am an "ex-Toban" relocated to Van about 12 years ago...but still do all of my hunting back there with my Dad. Usually try and get back every second year for a fly-in moose hunt up on the East side of Lake Wpg.....and try and make most falls for some BP hunting for whitetails and then the first few days of rifle season. Although I love the waterfowl huntin' back there.....(we used to hunt up around Riverton/Hecla).....it is a bit tough to justify a separate flight back for a few days of birds.

Again.....sit back and enjoy!!

Scott

Hi and welcome Ron, always nice to see new people here. Maitoba, eh. That's the land where they have a lot of big heavy antlered whitetails.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Yup, Welcome from me 3 Ron. You are going to like this place. It is just as respectable as BOOC used to be. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

welcome aboar brother hunter
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

Bow Walker Guest

Welcome Ron, looking forward to your input and discussions....

Welcome to the forum.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

rbduck, i recognize this name from another forum welcome to the site you'll like it here we got alot of good people here.oh yeah if you read enough of moose hunters posts you can begin to figure out what he is saying(most of the time).(just kidding moose hunter)

welcome man this is a great sight to just talk about hunting
    ttyal
    Riley
    There is room for all gods creatures........ right next to the mashed potatoes
    its better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Manitoba eh? brings back memories of camorton hunting on the farms there, still have relatives living back there, welcome to the sight I'm sure you'll enjoy .