Thread: yote hunting legalities-out of season

out and about in the thickets/maple ridge

Question yote hunting legalities-out of season

so, i work at the auction here in langley and hear from farmers and such about yotes killing there lambs, goats, and such. they find out i'm a bowhunter and beg me to come take care of their predator problem. looking in the regs, it aint season. now, several of them have told me its legal to kill them with permission from the land owner if the yotes are killing their livestock. i have searched the regs and can't find anything about that. anyone know anything about it? some have offered to pay for my services(eg. broadheads, arrows, what have you.).

2. Site Sponsor

Re: yote hunting legalities-out of season

been through that at the same places i suspect, they need to call conservation and get the ball rolling, not you. Keeping in mind that Langley is a non-hunting or shooting zone as of 94,96ish somewhere in there.
    they are going to have a hard time getting any kind of permits.
    As for getting paid,hmm i would keep in under a tight lid,

I still cant beleive there is a F*****G Yote "season" in this province, you are killing nuisence predators on private land that are hurting the owners ability to make a living ....

ya check with CO ... But I think (dont quote me on this) that you will need a letter from the owner stating that you are an agent/employee of their livestock operation since you are not the land title/lease holder.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

I think that the landowner/farmer needs a permit from the 'city' first and then you, yourself, need a valid hunting license and tags (if necessary). I believe that you've got to 'hunt' during the legal season(s) and that you have to abide by the bag limits for that particular region.

The local CO will bring you up to speed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I think that the landowner/farmer needs a permit from the 'city' first and then you, yourself, need a valid hunting license and tags (if necessary). I believe that you've got to 'hunt' during the legal season(s) and that you have to abide by the bag limits for that particular region.

The local CO will bring you up to speed, though.
    I once had a similar experience that involved bears, out of season, on a corn farm. A permit was indeed needed from the CO..... Not sure how this would work in 'No Hunting', Langley - Which in itself, is DUMB.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

out and about in the thickets/maple ridge

thanks for the responses guys. not all the farmers are in langley, most are outside. even have a few from penticton, pemberton, agassiz, surrey, and the like. they are all over. seems to me that nobody hunts yotes. what is the number for a local co round here? went for a walk around the auction last night and seen one, only bout 25 yds, perfect broadside shot. but...not hunting them until i know for sure.

Shocking how many so called farmers can't or won't take care of their own pest problems these days.
    Good luck with the bow idea, it could work for a while.

Check out the previous threads on this subject, it has come up before and had some good info posted.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

from what i understand it falls under category c, under pests. if they are disturbing and or destroying your property you can take care of it. If you need help I am a bow hunter. just PM me

Quote Originally Posted by coconut54 View Post
    from what i understand it falls under category c, under pests. if they are disturbing and or destroying your property you can take care of it. If you need help I am a bow hunter. just PM me
    Yotes ARE NOT listed on schedule 'C'. They're managed with GOS's. The only legal way of doing this would fall under crop/livestock protection. Permits would be needed.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean