Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd axis leveling?

Re: 3rd axis leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    You did notice that none of the men you shot the 3D with wore arm guards eh? A few of the girls did, I think.
    Yes but I also notice none of them had a huge welt and bruise.

Quote Originally Posted by killman View Post
    Shortened my release a little, got a dead end string stop on the way and bought a sissy arm gaurd
    Three smart things. And your wife says you're not bright. ???
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    Three smart things. And your wife says you're not bright. ???

LMAO

Killman ... A simple adjustment on how you hold the bow will solve your bow bite issue I suspect... Put the riser of that MmMmMmathews into the meat of your thumb and hold your hand so that your knuckles make a 45 degree angle .... I havent seen you shoot but I suspect you may hold the bow striaght up and down in your hand ...try that little twist and your forearm will get right out of the way ...

If you are around town today PM me and bring your bow by my work and I'll show ya what I mean ... I am here untill 4
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    LMAO

Killman ... A simple adjustment on how you hold the bow will solve your bow bite issue I suspect... Put the riser of that MmMmMmathews into the meat of your thumb and hold your hand so that your knuckles make a 45 degree angle .... I havent seen you shoot but I suspect you may hold the bow straight up and down in your hand ...try that little twist and your forearm will get right out of the way ...

If you are around town today PM me and bring your bow by my work and I'll show ya what I mean ... I am here until 4
    I know what I am suppose to do, it just a matter of remembering them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by killman View Post
    I know what I am suppose to do, it just a matter of remembering them all at once.
    yep ... getting that brain to work is usually pretty tough
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

During the first few years, because I have "popeye" forearms, I was actually dreading my practice sessions because I knew that it was just a matter of time before I would hit my arm, and as you know, it would really raise a welt and hurt. I tried the "sissy arm guards", but they didn't do my accuracy any good because they were actually more in the way, and I was hitting them quite often, even ripping them off my arm.
    Decided to seek advice and had a talk with Mr. Boorman in New Westminster. He said that he also used to have the same trouble because he had arms similiar to mine. He solved it by folding the two smallest fingers,(number 4 and 5 from the thumb) leaving the thumb and next two fingers to hold the bow, and once fully drawn, cradling the bow between the thumb and first finger without actually holding the bow with fingers at all, but still keeping the last two fingers folded tightly. This would force him to twist his elbow out and away from harm. Ever since adapting to his method, my accuracy improved (no hand torque) and I haven't hit my arm even once. The man knows his business, that's for sure!

Thanks for the explaination Killman. It all makes sense now.

Wearing an armguard is fine just as long as you dont need one of those chest harnesses to keep your man breast out of the way. I dont mind if women archers use them though!

Quote Originally Posted by mntbowhunter View Post
    Thanks for the explaination Killman. It all makes sense now.

Wearing an armguard is fine just as long as you dont need one of those chest harnesses to keep your man breast out of the way. I dont mind if women archers use them though!

No problem, that's what I am here for..

I only wear the "Bro"ssiere when I jog.

Bow Walker Guest

I've found that a raised or 'hunched up' bow arm shoulder can cause your elbow to be overly rotated inward, towards the string. By coming to full draw and then consciously relaxing your bow-arm shoulder (back into its natural position) before you release causes the elbow to relax a tad and to bend just a bit, thus rotating it out of the way of the string path.

I haven't had to wear an arm guard for years now, of course it could be that my style of holding the bow also has something to do with that fact. I hold the bow in what's known as a "low-wrist" style of grip.