Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Calling Moose 101

Re: Calling Moose 101

Ugg no I need to start a new chapter in my moose book. Will calling in Bulls be viable in November ? My Leh is from nov1 to nov 30.

Great read , Its all about the learning,

Having a shooter in a down wind position is a good move. I think my calling is just good enough to get them to come in, but shitty enough that they dont come in hot, the usually try to sneak up on me

Time to revive this gem, perhaps my favorite all time thread.

Not the first time I read this and won't be the last. Thanks for bringing this back up it was a great read and good refresher course.

I have called in bulls and cows by using these techniques. Watch for Bears, called a grizzly in last year.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Bump. That time of year again

Best moose pee..Buck expert..worst..Tinks". .world renowned moose caller.. Ken Capling has fibreglass moose caller..i have the magnum.. KC MAGNUM love the effect on volume..tone..resonance. .works very very well..even after 30 years calling guiding..can always learn..last year's 57 inch bull responded towards Teslin river..took 20 ? Minutes till he was on the beach on our lake..then lots of calling encouraging to get him 4..5 km down the lake..i harvested him just over 200 yards from the meat pole.
    Love calling in moose..at a distance over 3 km the bulls grunt loses its deep tone and it sounds like someone hitting a steel blade on a catapulted with a hammer..at 2 km the low sound is now heard..wauuug"
    Cheers
    Srupp