Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 91 yard group

Re: 91 yard group

Quote Originally Posted by Beaverhunter View Post
    Why does the sign in the back say 60 then?
    Because the target stand is at 60 yards form the regular shooting line. PG66 backed up 31 yards from there. No need to put tinfoil on the head.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I can't see the picture anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Thanks for the positive Jonas!

Found the pic,

Our range goes to 60 , but if you back up across the road at our range and go to the farthest edgs of the dirt drop off can only get 91.Could get over a 100 at home but might skip one into my horses haha..buggers seem to HAVE to go sniff the target butt when I set up out there for longies.Might have to practice on bears at over 100 at gilmores field

Pro / Professional: an athlete who plays for pay
    in favor of a proposition, opinion, etc.

Its not really that difficult to shoot groups like that at those distances, no thats not me saying i can sit there a do that every day of the week.

I shoot at 120 yards away all the time and group much the same. Give yourself a pin for that distance and you will surprise yourself.

Im talking about spending a couple days a week practising at these distances and the equipment will allow you to do this.

My personal opinion about a hunting shot is 60 yards at big game, Dangerous game I dont shoot past 40. I compete in archery all over the country side and into the US. And have killed a many of big game with a bow. I will shoot a griz in May with my bow and it will be under 40 yards !

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Pro / Professional: an athlete who plays for pay
    in favor of a proposition, opinion, etc.

Its not really that difficult to shoot groups like that at those distances, no thats not me saying i can sit there a do that every day of the week.

I shoot at 120 yards away all the time and group much the same. Give yourself a pin for that distance and you will surprise yourself.

Im talking about spending a couple days a week practising at these distances and the equipment will allow you to do this.

My personal opinion about a hunting shot is 60 yards at big game, Dangerous game I dont shoot past 40. I compete in archery all over the country side and into the US. And have killed a many of big game with a bow. I will shoot a griz in May with my bow and it will be under 40 yards !
    Its pretty wild how the late style equipment makes it really easier than the older stuff. I always had older compounds due to using fingers and shooting bare bow. Recieving the new bow as a gift andd shooting it I was amazed at how smooth and flat shooting , its fun sending those arrows out far.
    Make sure you video that grizz hunt! I guided a guy named 'Warren Strickland' ( google him and check out his trophies) he has a few grizzlies and polar bear under his archery 'belt'
    . Hearing his stories of arrowing them sounded VERY exciting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Its pretty wild how the late style equipment makes it really easier than the older stuff. I always had older compounds due to using fingers and shooting bare bow. Recieving the new bow as a gift andd shooting it I was amazed at how smooth and flat shooting , its fun sending those arrows out far.
    Make sure you video that grizz hunt! I guided a guy named 'Warren Strickland' ( google him and check out his trophies) he has a few grizzlies and polar bear under his archery 'belt'
    . Hearing his stories of arrowing them sounded VERY exciting!!!
    Im much the same as yourself, I video every hunt and have hours of kills from the last few years of guiding. I have a camera man coming with me on this hunt. I will edit something and maybe put er on the tube !

I just cant deal with the negativity when you up load the footage on forums. I do like watching the footage you have posted as I like watching any footage through the guides eye.

Its bold but you are a Professional Hunter, I dont know you but guides spend more time in the mountains in one season then most do in five years. If you want to call yourself a pro its fine in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Im much the same as yourself, I video every hunt and have hours of kills from the last few years of guiding. I have a camera man coming with me on this hunt. I will edit something and maybe put er on the tube !

I just cant deal with the negativity when you up load the footage on forums. I do like watching the footage you have posted as I like watching any footage through the guides eye.

Its bold but you are a Professional Hunter, I dont know you but guides spend more time in the mountains in one season then most do in five years. If you want to call yourself a pro its fine in my books.
    ahh piss on the 'negative' ones , soon as they squeel a bit , just yell a bit ouder and they go back to hiding!
    Good luck , cant wait to see!