Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 91 yard group

Re: 91 yard group

Quote Originally Posted by mntbowhunter View Post
    proguide66 I have no doubts that your a guide and make money guiding and probably have a lot of knowledge in the field. I really just found it comical that you refer to yourself as a "proffessional hunter". I have read all of Chuck ADAMS books and not once does he refer to himself as a "proffessional hunter". If sawmill working was my proffession would that make me a proffessional lumber piler? I think not. I think your title you have given yourself is self proclaimed and I just had to laugh a little. I will leave it at that. Great shooting though. I did not mean to offend you, and I appologize if I did.
    No offence taken..but am curious of your deffinition of a 'professional'??.....using your example would mean if Gatehouse told us he was a 'profesional cok' we would laugh??....er...Hitch told us he was a 'professional firefighter' we would laugh??...dont get it??...what is chuck Adams 'profession'??..I think youm 'may' be missing the meaning of the term 'professional' here......so to ward off anyone laughing at me in the future , what the heck is my 'profession' ??........If saw mill working was what you did , you would be called a professional wood cutter?..if you piled wood , you would be called a profesional wood piler??...not???
    hehe...out the door I go for another long day of chasing black rats.

interesting thread, a guy shoots an awesome group at long range, his buddy posts a picture of it, then he gets slammed from the get go. no where in the original 40 word post does it say he was going to shoot game at long range. every bowhunter should target practice at long range, helps give confidence at the close shots on game.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanhermit View Post
    ...a guy shoots an awesome group at long range, his buddy posts a picture of it, then he gets slammed from the get go. no where in the original 40 word post does it say he was going to shoot game at long range...
    What did you expect, 20 pages of atta-boys? Long live the Saints.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

mntbowhunter, I am surprised you've never heard the term professional Hunter before. It's a widely used term.

Here is a link to the South Africa PH's organization, it is but one of many such organizations.

http://www.phasa.co.za/
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    What did you expect, 20 pages of atta-boys? Long live the Saints.

so true, my mistake. haha

I do appologize for my post. Its just if someone asked me what I would do I would say I am a ________. Not I am a proffessional ___________. If I was a guide I would say "I am a guide" not I am a proffessional hunter. I must admitt that I really hate it when people slam other people on here. We are all hunters and we should really be sticking up for eachother. I definitely dont want to be one of those guys, and I again appologize. However I do feel that ethics are important and there is no reason why we as hunters should not discuss this. After the original thread someone claimed they know someone that shot a moose at 120 yards with a bow and further posts were started from there. I too practise at long ranges because long range practise make you a better shot at close range. I must agree that shooting at a moose at 120 yard with a bow is somewhat unethical. However this is my opinion, not the gospil, and anyone else should feel free to place their opinions as well. Once again, just my opinion and I appologize if I offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mntbowhunter View Post
    However I do feel that ethics are important and there is no reason why we as hunters should not discuss this. After the original thread someone claimed they know someone that shot a moose at 120 yards with a bow and further posts were started from there. I too practise at long ranges because long range practise make you a better shot at close range. I must agree that shooting at a moose at 120 yard with a bow is somewhat unethical.

This thread, as most do, has taken a tangent. Nothing new there.

As I said earlier, good shooting PG.

But a few points. I was going to call BS earlier on the 122 yard moose that buddy "SMOKED" but didn't. If buddy shot at a moose at 122 yards, he's an idiot. It's not just somewhat un-ehtical, it's an act of stupidy. Enough on that.

And Chuck Adams or Jack O'conner were are/were not professional hunters. They are/were professional writers that got paid to write about hunting.

ProGuide is not professional hunter, he is a professional guide. He gets paid to guide hunters to animals. His name says it all.

Gatehouse is a professional chef, 'cause that's what he gets paid to do. He makes food for people.

The PH in Africa is mostly now a mis-nomer. In the old days there were professional hunters. They got paid to kill game. Elephants for ivory and rogues, predators and meat for the markets. A PH has become, in modern times in Africa, what we would call a guide.

So, in Africa, ProGuide would be a PH and Gatehouse would be black.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

So, in Africa, ProGuide would be a PH and Gatehouse would be black.

Awsome.

Professional Hunter or Hunting guide? It's the same thing, really. Professional Hunter is not a term just used in Africa, nor is it a term used just for those who engage in culling operations or market hunting. Anyone being paid to go hunting could be called a "professional Hunter"

One of Canadas oldest outfitting families (Fred Webb and Son) bills themselves as "Professional Hunters"

http://fordinfo.com/fredwebb/Pages/FhomeR.htm

He actually has a chapter in one of his books about the term, where he discusses it's usage and compares it to another profession sometimes described as the oldest.

While in BC we are more familiar with the term "guide" either term makes sense if you think about it.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

While in BC we are more familiar with the term "guide" either term makes sense if you think about it.[/quote]

Agreed.

When I was a toddler, my mom used to "pay" me to crap in the potty. Funny to think, I was a "Pro" at such an early age.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.