Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 91 yard group

Re: 91 yard group

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSter View Post
    Good group PG66! A buddy of mine can whack a pop can at 100 yards with his compound...try that next.
    then a milk jug cap , you'll tighten that group up nicely

Bow Walker Guest

That's a very good group for 91 yards. Considering that the movement from just your heartbeat will throw your P.O.I. off a noticeable amount.

I've shot out to 100+ yards - and it ain't easy. Way too many variables to affect the arrow flight and P.O.I. Good for you ProGuide66!

Everybody's got an opinion eh

Was he Russell Crow's bow double in Robin Hood?

Target hung from a speed limit sign - shooting towards the road, across it or was it one of those in the wild speed limit signs?

Quote Originally Posted by lineofsight View Post
    Was he Russell Crow's bow double in Robin Hood?

Target hung from a speed limit sign - shooting towards the road, across it or was it one of those in the wild speed limit signs?
    There is no speed limit sign in the picture.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    There is no speed limit sign in the picture.
    Carefull Gate, sounds like the morality cops are on ur tail

I am an effing saint, far beyond reproach..I have no fear.

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I am an effing saint, far beyond reproach..I have no fear.

Thats good cause ur carrying the wrong 375 LOL

Can't imagine why he bothers with those noisey rifles.

Also can't imagine why he let Gilmore putz around with that giant black "potato sack" for so long!!

All the same, mighty fine shooting.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Well , didnt know Gate wuz gonna post the pic...thanks for the thumbs up comments though!!
    As far as 'ethics' preaching goes....N/A !!...I started hunting by bow when I was 12 and shot over a dozen deer before I killed anything with a gun...got lazy over the years and now decided to start sticking em with arrows again after recieveing a new XForce as a tip 2 yrs ago( the damned thing is a gun with a string,haha)
    This fall I want to make a live follow 'book blacktail' video to follow and have decided to use the bow( with cam attached to it)..cause its fun and as well I havent shot a buck over 40 yrds in 6 years...so...
    Now , as far as ehtics go...if a guy can stick an arrow where he wants at 100 yards GIVER !!!.....if a guy CANT and takes the shot?? maybe you can judge that guy.....
    I AM a 'professional' hunter and see absolute NO reason for a guy to take a long shot with a bow OR a gun...as long as he has the skills to do it and has proven so....If I were to be hunting sheep for myself tomarrow say a 80 yrd shot and had a ram broadside with NO chance for me to get nearer , no wind...oh ya I'm shootin!!!( yes with a bow)...try and be the 'judge' all you want ( the ethics police that is)...falls on deff ears! I KNOW I'm going to kill it.....
    Now , there's LOTS and LOTS of guys that blow shots with various weapons at real close range AND long range.....do the ethics police shat on them for not having the skills to pull off close shots??...why not.??..its the only reason they miss....not the distance..its the skills.......
    few years back had a guy who runs with the 'international celeb bow crowd' , got him a shot at a high 50's moose at 30 yrds..sliced its brisket...30 minutes later had him broadside on the same bull at 20 yrds...hit it in the right pan...2 hrs later had him at 7 yards in the timber on the same moose...MISSED IT CLEAN...lost moose......then I get another bow hunter who smokes a bull at 70 perfectly...whos' more likely to get shat on?? the 70yard archery kill?? or the guy who sprang arrows all over the map at a close shot??( who actually qualifies to judge in the first place??)...I'll bet the 70 yard kill guy catches more shat!!