Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question

Re: Question

I used to thing I was deadly at 20 to 30 yards but that was in the back yard and on level ground. Since going to the outdoor 3D shoots, I am no longer sure what a surefire range for me would be. Taking that shot would depend of several factors now. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

40 is my max but I will only shoot over 30 if everthing is perfect and I'm well practiced. Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

as close as 6 feet and the farthest was 34 meters { range finder} as long as the animal doesn't know your there, what your comfort zone is, all it needs to do is take 1 step and you have a good shot gone bad. All the new bows are whisper quite, have you ever stood downrange to one side and listened to the arrow,featers being the loudest?You can hear the arrow all the way to the target, you don't even hear most bows shoot what with all the dampners and stuff.

SHOOT WHAT CHA BRUNG:
    my release talks to me!!!

by the way targets don't move or jump { duck} the arrow and the 10 ring on a 120cm is about 6 inchs and I shoot that at 90 meters.

SHOOT WHAT CHA BRUNG:
    my release talks to me!!!

OK I will through myself in here. I shoot approx 100-150 arrows per day. I have a small 3D range set up in the bush on my property and there are no cut trails so all of the shots are just like the real thing. If you miss the under brush is so thick that you have to be pretty lucky to find your arrow. My hunting partners and I take turns where each shot is taken from. Now I will shoot out to 55 yrds if the conditions are perfect. When I say perfect I mean no cross wind, the animal is broadside or quartering away and unaware of my pressence. I also have to be completely 100% sure of the range and confident with making the shot or I will not take it. Now I have read stories of people taking coues deer @ 110 yrds and that blows my mind. I also see these shows where guys are shooting animals out to 1000 yrds. I don't shoot a rifle as much so my range is limited when I shoot one at wildlife. I believe that each person should set his or her own range based on their individual comfort and ability.