Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racoon

Re: Racoon

So you just cant "put it in the garbage"?

I wouldnt eat or feed coon to my dogs
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by 000buck
    recipe for a coon trap.

chicken wire, mudflap,stainless bowl and an old extension cord.

lay the chicken wire down (about 24"x 24")
    put a 6" circle of rubber in the center.
    stand bowl on rubber fill with water
    strip female end of extension cord and install alligator clips connect the nuetral to the chicken wire and the hot to the bowl.
    put out dry cat food and plug in the cord

be very cautious of domestic animals in the area as this trap does not discriminate.

when the lights go out ........fricaseed coon. safe trash cans
    I am going to e-mail the town of Lake Cowichan and see what their bylaws are for shooting these little buggers
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    So you just cant "put it in the garbage"?
    I guess you could just use the neighbors trashcan.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter
    I guess you could just use the neighbors trashcan.
    lol . But really, I wont be eating a coon, so would I be able to just drop it in the "can"?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We had 4 of them coming up to and INTO the house a while back. Our cats have their own private window opening and a ramp down the the ground. The coons just invited themselves in and helped them selves to the bowl of cat food beside the window. They were smart enough to stay out of harms way as soon as they would hear me trying to put the moves on them, but the second night l set up a trip wire to let me know if they came back. When the shooting was done....one checked out of life instantly, one made it to the corner of the house before finding out if there really was life after death, one absorbed some lead but was last seen covering ground faster then road runner, and the last one........ I don't know, never seen which way it went, and haven't seen it since.
    They can be extremely tough little buggers to kill and if corned can fight with determination of animals a lot bigger then themselves....
    I don't like raccoons........l still have memories of rabi vaccinations (all 14 of them, plus 2 boosters) from being foolish when l was younger.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    lol . But really, I wont be eating a coon, so would I be able to just drop it in the "can"?
    I am not quit sure but I think officially it is not okay to dump any dead animal of that size in the garbare can.

But you also could run it trough the food processor a couple times and then flush it down the john.
    Or simply bury the sucker in the garden... should make good fertilizer.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

my dad shot one out of a tree with his .22 and when it fell it was still alive and it hit real hard...there tough animals.

I got a big old Tom back in the prairies and roasted it up. It was pretty good and the next day I took what was left from the feast and stewed it. It was even better as a stew. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Well if one wont be killed by one shot with a pellet gun, it should run like hell away.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Talking Re: Racoon

Quote Originally Posted by 416
    We had 4 of them coming up to and INTO the house a while back. Our cats have their own private window opening and a ramp down the the ground. The coons just invited themselves in and helped them selves to the bowl of cat food beside the window. They were smart enough to stay out of harms way as soon as they would hear me trying to put the moves on them, but the second night l set up a trip wire to let me know if they came back. When the shooting was done....one checked out of life instantly, one made it to the corner of the house before finding out if there really was life after death, one absorbed some lead but was last seen covering ground faster then road runner, and the last one........ I don't know, never seen which way it went, and haven't seen it since.
    They can be extremely tough little buggers to kill and if corned can fight with determination of animals a lot bigger then themselves....
    I don't like raccoons........l still have memories of rabi vaccinations (all 14 of them, plus 2 boosters) from being foolish when l was younger.
    LOL I can imagine this scene !! When the dust settled and the smoke cleared, how did the kitchen appliances come out of the fracus ??! Windows ?