Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First bear with a crossbow.

Re: First bear with a crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Thanks guys, I can't take all the credit it was a lucky shot to take the heart out. Though I was trying to shoot for the heart I didn't expect to actually hit it.
    The Sun does shine on every dogs ass once in a while ... Its that dogs job to smile while that happens ...

A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Marc, nice to see the crossbow in action, nice bear. That's quite the headlamp you must have some strong neck muscles. Whats the weight of that sucker ?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Marc how do like the cross bow you have I was thinking of getting one but don't like the huge price tag on some of them im looking for a starter bow I guess thanks for your in put nice shot though

William Tell like precision shooting!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    The Sun does shine on every dogs ass once in a while ... Its that dogs job to smile while that happens ...

Well the sun was shining on this dog yesterday for sure. First hunt this spring, first time shooting a crossbow at anything besides a target.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Marc, nice to see the crossbow in action, nice bear. That's quite the headlamp you must have some strong neck muscles. Whats the weight of that sucker ?
    It's not a head lamp, but a gopro 5 head video camera. Unfortunately I didn't have it going when the hunt was happening. I do have some after the shot video and some my buddy took of the bear on the ground and trying to get it out of the gully.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber-hunt View Post
    Marc how do like the cross bow you have I was thinking of getting one but don't like the huge price tag on some of them im looking for a starter bow I guess thanks for your in put nice shot though
    I've only had this cross bow for about 3 weeks now and this is the first time shooting it at a big game animal. How do I like it? I'm still getting used to it but cocking the string is getting easier. I've been flinging arrows with it 3 or 4 times a week so far and quite confident that if I can range find it I can hit it out to 40 yards.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

That's a great feeling taking a game with an arrow, isn't it? Now I want to take more with my bow and arrows. Just tested my tree stand in my back yard...
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

Marc,

Sh1t hot! Couldn't ask for better!

Will look FWD to more photos and the video...

Cheers

Dave
    "Every animal has just enough brains to tan its own hide."

Great story, excellent shot. I especially like the pic of the heart. Looks like the bow performed well!! Congrats.
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Great work!!
    Are we having fun yet?

Sure smoked him with that arrow! Nice shooting and looking forward to some footage!
    What you do for yourself dies with you. What you do for others lives long after you're gone.

T.R.